“A perfect romantic getaway”

Poets Cove Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pender Island
Victoria, Canada
“A perfect romantic getaway”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Poet's Cove was the perfect place for a little Valentine's Day relaxtion! My boyfriend and I went for their one night "Pender Pleasure" package. This included a one night stay, full breakfast the next morning, and a couples massage. I was honestly and thoroughly impressed with my stay. Upon our arrival, the lady at the front desk said since we had arrived later, that she would keep the pool and hot tub open for us for an extra hour, perfect! We hopped in there right away and so enjoyed it! Our room was so nice, and the fireplace had been turned on, so it was very warm and cozy as soon as we walked in. We had robes laid out on our bed, and we had a nice view of the ocean as well. The next morning, we had a great breakfast, it was very delicious, and the staff were so polite and friendly. But the spa was the highlight for sure. Once again, the staff were so friendly and happy, our massage therapists were WONDERFUL, and we fully took advantage of the private hot tub and the steam cave afterwards. We were also able to arrange a late check out, much appreciated! I have nothing but great things to say about Poets Cove, my experience was fantastic, I would recommend them to anybody! I will be going back for sure. Beautiful resort, in a lovely natural setting, with great staff!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Surrey, BC
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We went to Poets Cove for 2 nights from December 29-31. The resort was quiet with a beautiful setting. It was ~ 20 minute drive from the ferry. Beautiful lobby.
The initial greeting could have been a bit better. We had to ask for the basic information. (breakfast vouchers, hours, pool, spa etc) The room was nice with a great view. The room seemed to be getting to the point of needing some overall maintenance (general painting & repairs of worn furniture) but very nice none the less. The bed was not the best but too was not bad. I really love the beds at the Westin. All hotels should have beds like those! The food in the restaurant was great. We ate there both nights and for breakfast the one morning. By far one of the best caeser salads I have even eaten! The spa was lovely. We both had 1 hour massages, relaxed in the steam cave and in the hot tub. Was very nice. The island at this time of year is very quite with not much to do. If that is what you are looking for than this is the place to go. The value of the hotel & facilties for the price paid were great. I'd like to return

Room Tip: anything with a view of the ocean- i think they all do.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sassy_og
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Poets Cove is a suitable name, one could be inspired to write at this tranquil resort, though keep in mind we visited in December. There are many places nearby to hike and walk in nature trails, most rejuvenating. Book yourself in for a massage and experience the delicious steam cave, the staff at the Spa are very friendly and we enjoyed our accuppressure treatment with a expert practitioner. When we arrived we had the opportunity to join a aqua fit class in the outdoor pool, totally delightful! Our room was very nice with a fireplace and balcony overlooking the cove, lucky us .Be sure to request any special food requirements, such as vegetarian and the cook will do his best to accommodate your diet needs.

Room Tip: Being near the waterfall was great.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank merryfieldwellness
Victoria, BC Canada
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We stayed at this wonderful resort for a Christmas/birthday get away. In a word ... magical. I grew up in Victoria so I am very familiar with West Coast beauty & hospitality but this resort far exceeded my expectations. Everything from the front desk staff, to the amazing restaurant, to the glorious spa and steam cave. We ate, we relaxed, we swam, we hiked to the top of Mt. Norman, we strolled along the docks at the marina.
Our room was cozy, nicely decorated & clean with a gas fireplace, large soaker tub and a nice deck. All of our meals were delicious at the main dining room (the pub was closed for the season).
I visited the spa on 2 occasions and it was wonderful. Although I would have preferred a female for my treatments, I completely understood the limitations over the holidays.
The staff was gracious and discreet. The service exceptional. We plan to visit again in the Spring or Summer to enjoy the warmer weather although we did luck out to have sunshine our whole time there.

• Stayed December 2011
Victoria
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We had never been to Pender so decided to check it out for our anniversary. It is an absolutely gorgeous location right on the water with boats bobbing around in the small bay. The island is very quiet and there are not a lot of shops/restaurants, so this is definitely the place if you want to be free of the distractions of a busy life and go for walks/hikes, read, and relax.

The facility itself is excellent. The rooms were modern and clean, and we had a fabulous waterfront room with large balcony. Check in was easy and efficent. We bought a romance package that included one 3 course dinner and champagne and chocolates on arrival. Everything was ready when we arrived. In addition, at check in we were told we had a pass for two to the spa steam cave and a $100 credit for use on any meal/service at the resort. We didn't use the steam cave pass. Not our thing. But we certainly appreciated the extra $100, which we used in the restaurant!

It was a blustery weekend, and the power was out for about 24 hours, but fortunately we stayed in a room in the main lodge and they had a generator so we were unaffected. It must have been cold night in the cabins, though. We did have a problem with our fireplace, which they promptly came and fixed. Also, our window did not close properly using the crank. I had to go out on the balcony to close it. Didn't remember to mention it upon check-out though, so hopefully they are reading this. Room 302. We also found our bed to be very hard.

The main lodge is not specifically adapted (as far as I could tell) but is fairly wheelchair friendly. We asked for, and were promptly brought, a seat for the shower so my husband could take a shower. Inside the main lodge is an elevator to get to the spa and restaurant. My only criticism would be that there is no handicapped parking near the main lodge. We were told we could park anywhere, though, so we took a spot right out in front of the main doors that I think was supposed to be for resort vehicles, put up the placard, and never heard a word.

All staff that we saw or spoke to were very polite and helfpul. I would love to return to this resort in the summer.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Friday Harbor Suites
#9 of 10 in Friday Harbor
23.6 km away
Hastings House Country House Hotel
Hastings House Country House Hot...
#1 of 3 in Salt Spring Island
16.4 km away
Roche Harbor Resort
Roche Harbor Resort
#1 of 9 in Friday Harbor

Been to Poets Cove Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!