All reviewscoffee shopconvenience storein towndining roommovie theaterthe pubon sitebar grillan excellent restaurantarctic charpositive experiencegreat foodmany choicesthe hotel offersroom was clean and comfortabledining optionssoap stone
Reviewed 14 December 2017

Good location; nice room; my 'go to' choice of hotel in Iqaluit. Convenient for business travelers; shuttle to airport; I like that the rooms have a microwave in fridge, as that helps with the costs of eating in the town.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMFrobisherInn, General Manager at Frobisher Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Dear 372ln288,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you on the behalf of the Frobisher Inn entire team for a lovely review on our Hotel . It will be my pleasure to make your next stay with us even more memorable.

Christiano Bandeira

Reviewed 6 December 2017

What happen to the quality of your food???? I remember when you were the place to eat in Iqaluit. There was on meal that I could not eat and they did not offer to cover the cost of it. Unfortunately I will have to eat at the Discovery next time.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear Richard vl2379wz,

My apology for the late reply and for the quality of food experienced at our restaurant. Nothing i can say will justify my inability to meet your expectations on our beloved Frob eatery and its shorts comings on the month of December.
Let me take this opportunity to redeem my self by inviting you for a dinner for 2 as token of my appreciation and sincere hope that all of your future visits will be marked by the quality, presentation and service you have become accustomed with.

Christiano Bandeira

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Warm place with newly renovated bathroom. Don’t expect to gain efficient wifi connection and ensure you eat before 8:00 p.m. Otherwise, a fun place to be. You will enjoy your stay in Iqaluit. One thing, you don’t control your room temperature so it’s warm at night!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Good points:
1. Clean (except one day when toilete was not cleaned).
2. Junior staff responsive (needed a sewing kit, several were provided).
Problems:
1. Internet connection somewhere between horrendous to non-existent. Guests who rely on internet for communications should seek alternative accommodations. When I complained I was told that "this was Iqaluit", but I know better. I had stayed at the Arctic Hotel and the Discovery before and the internet had been adequate.
2. I asked for a feather pillow and the VP (Christiano something...) promised he would attempt to purchase one (I stayed there 4 nights - total bill $840). I never heard from him (let alone slept on a feather pillow), even after subsequent inquiries.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2017

I have been living in Nunavut for a year and a half now and have stayed at this hotel at least 10 times since I moved up here and it has always been a positive experience.
The staff are some of the friendliest and kindest people you'll ever meet and go above and beyond to make sure your stay is a good one.
The rooms are always clean and the pillows are comfy. Each room has a mini fridge and microwave as well as what you need for either your coffee or tea in the morning. There is also a safe although I have never personally used it. There is a little convenience store in the hotel where you can buy the basic necessities as well as microwave dinners if you don't feel like eating in the restaurant. They have a formal dining room, a bar and grill in the bar area and a little café where you can buy sandwiches and drinks.
Walking down to Northmart/Tim Horton's, museum, Arctic Ventures from here is about a 10 minute walk or you could take a taxi for the 7$ rate if its too cold to walk.
All in all great hotel, clean, convenient location, and outstanding staff!! The staff alone make this a place worth staying :)

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business