All reviews boutique hotel close to the airport few years gas station place to stay front desk staff convenience store discovery restaurant business arctic amenities fridge caribou ottawa downtown options
Reviewed 2 April 2016

I had an excellent experience at the Discovery. The rooms were very well decorated and made superb use of space. Almost like the "W" - but without the music playing when you arrive! Staff were very professional and helpful.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank BretStedman
Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

I have stayed here several night over the last few years and you could only wish you could find rooms like this in the city.

Absolutely beautiful. The rooms are spotless and the hotel has an incredible restaurant. It's a must stay when you travel to Iqaluit. It's close to the Airport, short walk but they have a shuttle when it -43 like it is today.

Must try on your next trip in.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Wireton
Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

Was my first time solo in a hotel. Felt very clean and safe! Bed was comfy and room was much nicer than i was expecting. I had breakfast at the hotel. Unfortunately they weren't serving hot breakfast when i was there but i did enjoy a nice croissant and some fruit!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Gracie2015
Reviewed 29 September 2015

This place was great. Just felt like a boutique hotel down south of 60 degrees. Shuttle from the airport was great especially for later flights. Even took me to the airport the following day to check in and drop off my bags, then brought me back to the hotel. Room was really well appointed and clean (not all northern hotels are clean like this one!). Staff were all really friendly and helpful. Definitely will be staying here anytime I am in Iqaluit in the future.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Dave B
Reviewed 1 September 2015

True to their promise when I first made reservations months ago, I was able to cancel the stay on my outbound layover with no questions asked. Just need to tell them before the day I had reserved. I guess they are used to the flight delays and schedule changes in the north.

While the hotel exterior is an unassuming brown building, the interior looks to be completely renovated very recently. The rooms are well furnished, lots of pillows and quality blankets.

The bathroom was oddly raised 2 steps above floor level, so for people with mobility issues, make sure to let them know when you book.

The restaurant looked nice as well, though I did not get to try. Prices on the menu are "Iqaluit good restaurant" level.

There is however a food truck called Curbside Grill located across the street, next to the gas station. Their Louisiana cheesesteak is fantastic. Hope you like it hot!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends