“Rustic tranquility”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pemberton
Lillooet Lake Lodge
Powell River, Canada
“Rustic tranquility”
Reviewed 25 June 2009

My husband stayed at Lillooet Lake Lodge for one night during our honeymoon on our way up to 70 Mile House. We loved it so we cut our stay short up north and came back for two more nights.
Yes, it's out of the way and yes, the road is bumpy. We stayed in two different cabins and found them tidy with views to die for.
Jacob was helpful and friendly. It was interesting learning his & Elisabeth's history which brought them from Europe to BC.
I can see that Lillooet Lake Lodge may not be for everyone, but it was just right for us.

• Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Whistler, BC
Reviewed 9 June 2009

If you are looking for something off the beaten path, complete with outdoor firepits and gorgeous sunsets, this is the perfect little get-away. Jacob and Elisabeth are charming and very helpful. We found a perfect campsite, right by the water with a little creek beside us to keep our drinks cold!! They have warm showers and outhouses for campers, but the cabins are spotless with running water and appliances. I'm definitely taking my kids back with me next time with another family, and enjoying the timeless dazing at the water, the nearby waterfall, canoeing and swimming. It was beautiful!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 June 2009

These cottages are in a beautiful, secluded location - the scenery is truly stunning. I can handle rustic cottages, but the couch in our cottage was filthy, and there were mice everywhere. When we arrived, the owner suggested to us that we "must make sure the screen door is closed so the mice don't get in"! Hm. It was difficult not to laugn, and needless to say, we woke up on our first morning to find mice droppings everywhere. The shower building could also use a cleaning. Not good value, considering what we paid per night.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Reviewed 15 September 2008

Beautiful location and mountain/lake view from waterfront property. Five rustic log cabins. And Jacob, the owner whose ethics were clearly only his. He told me when I booked cabins 1 and 2 for three nights two weeks prior to our arrival to bring $220 cash per night in order to save on the tax that he would charge me otherwise if I paid by credit card (this should have been a clue).

As gorgeous as the property was, the following other "details" greeted us upon arrival:

* sauna that was advertised as beng included was broken and would have cost $15 per visit had it been functional!
* canoes that were advertised as being included actually cost $12 per hour
* only cabin 1 had an advertised rustic oil lamp, not cabin 2
* fridge in cabin 2 did not close properly
* drain in cabin 2 sink was partially clogged

In light of these and other "details," our party of 5 adults and one 18-month old decided to stay only two nights instead of three. When we thus informed Jacob and his lovely wife Elizabeth on the second day of our stay, they seemed to take it as an insult. In fact, Jacob commented that in "23 years he had never dealt with anyone like us." It's rather interesting that 3 of the 5 reviews on this site of his accommodations also have rather harsh complaints. When I handed Jacob five $100 bills, he stormed off, smashing the door to his cabin before returning with the $60 change.

Upon arriving at work two days later, I received a telephone call from Jacob informing me that he could not fill cabins 1 and 2 for the 3rd night that we had originally booked and that consequently he would need to charge my credit card (I stupidly gave him the number when reserving) an additional $220 for that night. There is so much wrong with this tactic on his part that further explanation is unnecessary. Needless to say, I will be disputing this charge with my credit card company.

One last thing: In the BC Accommodation Guide, Jacob's cabins list for $79-99, plus $15 per addtional person. Cabins 1 and 2 were the most basic of the five he rented. Thus, the $220 for both of them per night sounds mysteriously high, especially with the promised "tax deduction."

It's a shame that such a lovely place has such a owner...

• Liked — Scenery; waterfront isolated location with mountain view, rustic log cabin
  • Disliked — The owner's ethics (lack of) and bad attitude
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vancouver BC
Reviewed 27 August 2008

I phoned for information and the owner said that the fishing was not the best and was blunt and rude. It was as though he was not interesed in my business. He was unwilling to provide me with any other feedback about the place so I suppose that he does not want the business. I am an avid camper and will NOT be booking in with this man, thats for sure!

Stayed August 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pemberton
1.3 km away