All reviewsfront deskpool and hot tubone bedroom suitepool areawasher dryerminute driveunderground parkingsteam roomfire pitfull kitchengreat place to stayshuttle servicewhistler blackcombmilk and cookieshalf an hoursmall kitchenlong weekend
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Stayed in 2 bedroom suite with families. Both bathrooms have broken locks and furniture. Customer service is poor. Pool has hairs all over. Basically experience. Won't recommend it to anyone and will not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2017

Great place. Beautiful location and surroundings. Reasonable rates. Excellent staff. Clean and well maintained property.
Lots of outdoor activities for families in Pemberton village and short drive to Whistler.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
David M, General Manager at Pemberton Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Dear janette123418,

Thank you for sharing your comment and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Warm regards,

David MacKenzie

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Pemberton Valley Lodge is a good choice for anyone who is looking for a nice hotel in proximity to Whistler, but without the Whistler price tag. My boyfriend and I stayed here in the days following Christmas when the cheapest hotel I could find in Whistler was $400+ a night. Sure, it's about 25 minute drive away, but it's a beautiful drive past lakes and forests covered in powdery snow.

The hotel itself is cozy; think massive log cabin. Our room was clean, spacious (we had a room with a kitchenette), and offered gorgeous views of the mountainside and a creek that runs behind the property. The hotel has underground parking that, though limited, was welcome. It snowed substantially while we were there and we would have had to do some serious digging to get our compact car out from under the snow had we parked outside.

I've seen some complaints from other visitors about thin walls and noise. I'll admit that at times we were able to hear sounds coming from one of the rooms adjoining ours. However, it wasn't to the point that it was bothersome. Therefore I'm inclined to believe that the issues with noise may be limited to certain rooms or floors.

My only critique is the customer service. Though not bad, it was lackluster. I don't bring this up to dissuade you from staying here, but rather, to set up a proper expectation. It's been my experience when traveling that when I check into a property, the staff is always friendly, smiling, and wants you to feel welcome. Yet this was not the case at PVL where I got the sense that the staff was going through the motions. Probably not enough to keep me from staying here again, but certainly an area of opportunity for the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2017

It is a very clean, daated hotel. Pricey as compared to previous night in Squamish. Good pillows, good wifi, good beds but the noise from teh heater/ac unit kept us up all night. It was so loud we thought it was construction outside.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 26 April 2017

We stayed 3 nights over the Easter weekend in 2017. The room (218) was very spacious and included a good sized bed (Queen I think), ample storage space, nice view to the mountains from the window, and a small kitchen comprising hot plate, fridge, microwave and cooking utensils. A filter coffee machine is supplied which uses coffee capsules and these are replenished every morning. Everything was clean and tidy apart from a small spillage in the freezer which was quickly cleaned once reported.

The check-in was smooth and advice was given on local restaurants and horse riding trails. We did not book the breakfast option, but what we did not realise was that there was no breakfast bar, so you have to order breakfast in your room at reasonably high prices. This was not an issue for us, as we simply ate out for breakfast, but worth noting. I recommend the Mount Currie Coffee Company (limited food range) and Grimm's Gourment and Deli (large range of cooked breakfasts).

Underground parking is supplied free of charge.

Our mattress was quite soft, but that is personal preference as we are used to a firm mattress. One point to note is that our room looked out onto the hot tub below, and certainly on the first few nights it was quite noisy until 11pm (which is when the hot tub is switched off). Not a big problem, but perhaps a room to the back left of the lodge may be quieter and you would get a better view of Mount Currie. My guess is this would be rooms with numbers below 214 on the second floor but you would need to check with the Lodge as some of these rooms may have two bedrooms.

There is a pleasant common area downstairs which has a few comfy chairs, a nice fireplace and you can make your own coffee and tea (which is chargeable).

Overall, I would stay here again as it is a handy location for exploring the local area and much cheaper than staying in Whistler, although you need to allow up to 30 minutes to travel to Whistler by car.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to Mount Currie
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple