“Disappointed”

The Wood Restaurant & Lounge
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

Disappointed in the service and the food! They need to step up their game.. Stopped going there a while ago due to poor quality of food and less than par service. Wanted to reserve seating for 15 for a going away party and a waitress told me to go elsewhere because it would be be better there than here! Enough said. I never went back!

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Best ribs I have ever had and amazing burgers w/fries. Takes a bit for the food but once you get it, you will see why. Ribs were thick and fall off the bone.
Think they changed the name to The Whisky Jack now.

1  Thank Denise V
Reviewed 12 July 2016

Family friendly, affordable, good service, good food. The homestyle fries were really good and the potato bun on the burger was a nice change.

1  Thank amed6
Reviewed 24 June 2016

We ordered from the specials of the day and all was uniquely tasty with very friendly service for a reasonable price. Most unique was a deep fried mac and cheese appetizer dish, not to be missed if they have it when you are there! The whole town is a quaint short drive from Whistler. Definitely not the Big City experience.

1  Thank djfp
Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

After being told by friends in whistler about how good the food was at one mile creek restaurant we went on Tuesday to find it closed for the day ! So we saw the wood restaurant across the road we were so hungry big mistake ! The girl who greeted us was lovely ,unfortunately that's were it ends ! We dine out side nice warm day ! The chairs were dirty as was the general area ! Our waitress was yeah what u want type !! Didn't explain or offer anything add info ! Just seem was in a hurry my beer arrived with out a head and warmish !! My wife's open tuna sandwich was ok only because it was doused it Sauce she ate it but just didn't seem fresh. I ordered a steak sandwich med- well ! Hard to mess up ! Well it was as tough as boot leather ! Blue-raw chewy at in most tender point ,which was not very much !! We paid and left and it was my smallest tip in ten days ! 15% which I hated doing ! I would stay away from this one ! Btw to the manager how about fixing the broken paving brick which every one steps on to walk to the back dining area ! And it makes a god loud noise and moves and bounces the surrounding tables !! Which was ours !