All reviews friendly manager queen bed kitchen whistler summer canada garage
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Super cool place right in the middle of so much. I would recommend to anyone. restaurants and coffee shop super close. Great views of mountains all over. if you stay in Pemberton you should probably stay here.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Perfect location, great accommodation, extremely friendly environment, the manager was very helpful, steps away from public transport and restaurants, I wouldn’t stay anywhere else in Pemberton! I’ll definitely be back!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Pemberton G, General Manager at Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Dear Kurt W. of Oz: Thank you for writing us a short review. Thank youi very much for giving us 5 out 5 Stars ☆☆☆☆☆. Thanks for your patronage too. Glad you like our Suit(e)s. We're pleased you & your friend found us the "Perfect location, great accommodation, ( & a) extremely friendly environment," I'm glad I as manager was able to be helpful to you. Thanks for mentioning that we're just " steps away from public transport and restaurants," Glad you " wouldn’t stay anywhere else in Pemberton" & will definitely be back. Hope to see you soon on you next trip across the pond fom Oz. Myson Effa Manager Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel, & Pemberton Reservations.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I would not recommend this hotel. This place reminded me of a college dorm in need of a good cleaning. There were no screens on the Windows. The toilet paper holder needed to be fixed. The decor looked like it was selected from a thrift store. The room was very noisy due to traffic.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Pemberton G, Manager at Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Paulette: Tnx for taking a moment to review us. Feedback noted. All of BC & the majority of the western half of the whole continent, is just recovering from almost a month of smoke & ash. Housekeeping does a deep cleaning after every checkout. Background noise here is zero to 3 to 8 decibels at night – as opposed to Vancouver’s Westend from about 100 dB to a 108 dB - so yes you may hear a single car & be startled by a raven’s wing clap. Myson Effa Manger Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel. PS I sure wish my college dorm was like this … my dorm room was a 5th the size of our smallest suite. I wish it had an en suite, especially 1 divided into 2 sections with an extra door as I had to share.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I tried to book a night with the resident caretaker, Myson. There are forest fires currently in BC and he asked if I knew about the smoke. I chuckled because I am from Vancouver and am very aware of the smoke...not a big deal. However he then went on a tirade about how there's smoke everywhere in the Pacific Northwest, and unless I don't watch tv at all, I should know about it. I attempted to reply to explain that I was aware and the smoke is not an issue, but he cut me off and wouldnt let me talk. Then he abruptly hung up on me. I called back thinking it was a disconnected call. He answered, and I attempted to calmly ask if he hung up on me. He was distressed and said "I've 2 people drive up to Vancouver already (that didn't know about the smoke) I'd rather not take your reservation" and hung up on me again. Had he given me 3 seconds to actually answer, this could have turned out quite different.
Unfortunate. I was looking forward to bringing my family up for a few days.

Room Tip: No AC, but fans provided (apparently)
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Pemberton G, Manager at Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Ash: An apropos moniker for this discussion. Thanks for breaching the issue of Smoke. Currently as of this date 10/08/2017: there's heavy smoke throughout ALL of Southern British Columbia. Smoke extends past Alberta to Saskatoon in the middle of Saskatchewan, Washington, Idaho, Colorado, Northern California, not to mention Alaska, Yukon & NW Territories. It covers basically the majority of the western half of the WHOLE Continent. We have no control over acts of God & Climate Change. We do our best to always report weather & local conditions accurately. Pls feel free to use the live links to local traffic cams & weather reports provided of our webpages. We have guests that have had made great memories & had a great adventures despite the smoke: they've still gone all the way up Joffre Lakes to the 3rd & highest lake, swam at nearby One Mile Lake & headed to Nairn Falls. We've had others who deluded themselves, despite 3 or more phone calls accurately explaining the current conditions into believing there would be no smoke here.
We have an a priori problem solving policy. If guests have an issue with smoke, weather or pricing we prefer not to take any reservation in the first place. We realize there are many diverse venues out there as there are diverse guests. Our goal is to provide for those guests who’s needs we can best meet. Unfortunately it is a temporary condition far beyond our control to clear the smoke, that will be up to Mother Nature, when she sends us the next big rain. Myson Effa Manger Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Fist off, we would like to say a great thank you to the Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel for the generous donation of a fridge for our farm use. This donation to our small farm has helped us greatly.

We also have recommended the Pemberton gate village suites to any friends coming through, because the times we have stayed at the Pemberton gate village suites were accommodating, comfortable and pleasant stay. The Suites are big, the bathrooms are really clean and the Manager and housekeeping staff are always making sure if we needed anything. As well, the suites are close to many good activities in the Pemberton aria.

out of all the hotels in Pemberton i must say that the gateways village suites hotel was the best place to stay in town.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elliot F

Dear Elliot F. Thank you for the 5 out 5 stars ☆☆☆☆☆. Thanks for your kind words that we’re “the best place to stay in town” & recommending us to your friends. We’re pleased that we could accommodate you when you returned to Pemberton Valley to resume farming. We’re pleased that we could accommodate your parents when they came to visit too.
Your welcome to the fridge. We’re glad it found a good home. We’re pleased we can help you, your farm, & a few other small farmers with a simple gift. The 3 Rs are very important to us. We try to reduce our environmental foot print in as many small ways as possible. The forgotten steps before Recycle are Reduce & Reuse. This is why we’re redistributed functional hot water tanks & fridges that were removed as part of preventive maintenance.
Your friends & family are always welcome. Myson Effa Manger Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel