All reviews no elevator beer and wine small room remodeled furniture
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

The bad: Staff was somewhat rude. There is no elevator. Had to drag multiple bags up a bunch of stairs. Rooms are paper thin so you can hear everything next door.

The good: prices are the best in the area. Location is central.

I would stay here again just based on the fact that I would save a couple Hundred $.

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank Paul F
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Worst hotel ever. For 110C$ they were not even able to provide a piece of soap in the bathroom. The room sleeps for and in the bathroom there was only little towel!
No chair, no closet, no shelves, the thought of 4 people sleeping in that room, oh my god!!!! Where should they put their luggage and clothes?????
I was only by myself and they offered me this room.
The heating is loud and blows a lot of air into the room. The cushions much too thick. Instead of glasses there were 4 small plastic cups on the table. The whole place is old and worn. There was toilet paper, however!
This is a rip-off and it's best if you stay away!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank tr0ubad0ur2014
Reviewed 6 September 2017

The worst experience I have ever had while travelling! At check-in the receptionist made sure to get our money for the room first (we had booked for 2 nights, with the only intention to sleep in between hikes!) and only then mentioned that the room would be above a bar and it might get a bit loud. We asked why they had not informed us beforehand and, surely, demanded another room, but he said they had no availabilities and that this information is specified on booking.com. Well, on mobile app you will not find this! And as later turned out booking.com does not take responsibility for information provided/not provided on their website. The room was outdated, packed and the toilet smelled a bit (next morning we found ants in the toilet). The night was awful due to the loud music from the bar (it was like sleeping in the bar), none of us could get any sleep. Next morning of course nobody was at the reception, we tried calling twice to reach somebody - no luck. After breakfast we came back to the motel and luckily found the owner (or that's what he said he was). When confronted, he claimed that they had sent me information beforehand, which was not true and then he printed out their conditions which nowhere mentioned the fact that their guests can be tricked into staying in a room above a bar or that there is even such a possibility of being assigned a room above a bar. He did manage to get us another room though, after hearing that we contacted booking.com regarding the situation. We had to come back after 16:00 pm to get into the new room. Unfortunately, it was not clean, there were some nuts left on the bed an on the floor and the pillowcases where dirty. We had to ask to change them. It was very unpleasant experience and I would not advise anyone to stay at this motel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank travelling-friends3
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is not fancy but clean and the price is much cheaper than anything else I could find in town. In a bit of a sketchy area but ok. No hair dryer or fridge in room but beds are ok. Make sure to ask for a room that is. OT above the pub because apparently it can be a little loud

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Corkie25
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I was pleasantly suprised to find the room clean and updated at this price point. Bathroom was clean and remodelled, furniture was updated, and decor was modest but professionally done. Amenities were lacking but cafe across the hotel was more than convenient. There was no noise from the pub but the beer and wine store was consistently active but not bothersome. The pub was clean and creatively decorated. We only stayed one night so didn't see much around the area but would stay there 2-3 nights to explore the next time. If you want some character, this is the place to go.

Room Tip: As for a quiet room just in case.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends