All reviews lions gate bridge hot tub great location capilano river across the bridge downtown vancouver min walk the bus check in was smooth laundry facilities small dog grouse mountain clean washrooms stayed days the heart of the city lounge area shopping centre
Reviewed 1 August 2017

We arrived and were told where our site that they had assigned was. Note, we are driving a 32 feet motor home and pulling a car which we told the front desk at booking. We went to the site and it seriously was ridiculous. We managed to get into the site but were not able to put out our slides. Apparently nothing was available that night so we stayed and they said we could move the next night. Moved the next day and it was a little better but I felt bad for our neighbors when we put our slides out. They had to duck under them to get to their RV. The staff is so inefficient - they called us that night to say we were not supposed to be in the site even though we had the confirmation from them. Had to move again the next day. Asked for a late check out (1.5 hours). Got back to the site and had a note on our window. I left my credit card in their card reader. Called, they said they didn't have it. Went in - said they didn't have it. I just stood there and said "can you look?" Eventually she put in a little effort and found my card. So, they can call me when they think we are on the wrong site but they can't call to tell me I have left my credit card???? Apart from one younger girl at the front desk, the staff were rude and unfriendly. Some customer service training is most definitely required and maybe making sure that the RV you take the booking for will actually fit on the site would be useful. The ONLY good thing about this park is that they have free ice and are somewhat close to the city. However, you have to deal with the bridge which is a nightmare. Internet does not work. I will NEVER stay here again. Stayed in a 31ft motor home for three nights (worst of my trip) in July 2017.

Room tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank maidensgirl
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Allthough this campsite is located near to the town centre and you can take the bus to town easily there was a lot of noise from the passing traffic, it was not very nice to sit outside when we came back from town at night.
We were reminded that after 11 PM there should be no noise made anymore but one night we were woken AT 4 AM by an RV that was trying to park on a spot but appeared to be very difficult and had to try a lot of times before he stood ok. EVERY time he backed up there was a "BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.... " sound. I wonder why this was allowed???
I found the campsite also very expensive in comparison with other campgrounds.

Room tip: this is not a hotel but a campsite for RVs and tents
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2017

We stayed for 4 nights in our trailer. The spaces are small but the location is worth the sacrifice. Highway can be a little noisy but we just kept our fan on and it was enough white noise to compensate. The spaces could do with a good rake between guests, otherwise it was kept decent enough. Had a couple of families not respecting the quiet hours and eventually the Managers too care of it.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Manager_295, General Manager at Capilano River RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us online. We sure appreciate the feedback and are happy you enjoyed yourself. Our apologies for the noisy neighbours and the rake your site required. We do enforce quiet time and our groundskeepers try hard to get to every site but it seems we missed your spot on this occasion.

Also we agree the location is amazing and we hope to see you on your next trip through West Vancouver.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We were in Capilano RV Park for a week. You have to know that is closed from a heavy trafic bridge. So you sleep 30 feet from the Lions bridge.

The campground is clean but really really really tight for the RV and even your car ! You eat with your neighbors!

You have to cross a First Nation Reserve which cause us a bit of troubles. Our first contact with BC locals was with First nations told me to go back to my country and white persons with no business here ARE NOT WELCOME.

So they are welling to sells totem in boutique, they wants you're money but more than that, we are not welcomed. 2 persons told me that the same day!

So, just for that. I would recommend another campground and keep your money if you were thinking buying totems as souvenirs. We were not feeling safe and welcome in the area.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Morin_David
Reviewed 16 July 2017

We were down in Vancouver for a wedding and extended our stay to 3 nights to enjoy the many sights and eateries in the Vancouver area. We have a 29 foot fifth wheel with one large slide out and capilano rv park was exactly what we needed. Located under the lions gate bridge, it offered us quick access to many parks and locations we wanted to visit once we were unhooked. While we didn't spend a lot of time at the park other then sleeping, we did use the pool and hot tub one afternoon before going out to dinner. Both were very clean, and I found the whole campsite that way. Some obvious drawbacks are the site sizes, which I assumed would be small given we were in such a highly dense population area(your not camping in chilliwack). Other then that, the picnic tables have had better days, and the wifi definitely needs an upgrade. It was basically unusable due to the amount of times you get kicked. Ending on a positive note, check in was smooth and painless into campsite 62, staff were helpful, and the location and price point were great comparatively speaking vs a hotel room. We would highly recommend if you are using it as a jumping off point. We will definitely return in the future(hopefully they upgrade the wifi)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple