“This place is great”

Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria
Ranked #26 of 868 Restaurants in Surrey
Description: Famoso is a casual pizzeria serving authentic Neapolitan pizzas made with high quality ingredients in a domed Italian oven. Ideal for a quick lunch or a night out. Enjoy with wine, cocktails and beer.
Reviewed 20 October 2017

This place is my go-to neapolitan pizza place in Surrey. It's excellent and never disappointing.

People who are complaining that the pizza is soft or doughy have no clue what they're talking about. This is what neapolitan is supposed to be like.

Chelsea J, General Manager at Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Hi Neven,

Thanks for the great review! We do our best to remain as authentic as possible. Looking forward to having you in next time!

Chelsea Johnston

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Came in at happy hour planning to enjoy a relaxing paced dinner. From the minute we sat down until the minute the bill was presented...before everyone in the party was finished their entree, I was left feeling like "hurry up eat and pay. Our server lacked in the basic skills and tact that a restaurant of this quality requires.
Our food was very good, however that is only part of the experience and it was overshadowed by everything else.
At these prices there are a lot of other establishments to choose from. Needless to say I will explore my alternatives next time.
Note to management, it is bad form for servers to be seen walking through the dining area drinking beverages.
It's sad...it could have been an enjoyable visit........

Chelsea J, General Manager at Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Hi Craig,

I know we spoke in house before you left regarding your visit. As per our conversation I look forward to your e-mail with a time frame for your next visit with us!

Chelsea Johnston
cjohnston@famoso.ca

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Tried this Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria for the first time. It is conveniently located alongside the Guildford Town Centre in Surrey, BC.

I had heard good reviews from my friends and since I love pizza ~ I thought I would check it out for myself.

They have an extensive menu ~ nice atmosphere ~ good friendly service and the place was very clean.

Right away, I noticed they had a brick oven for the pizza ~ wonderful! We looked forward to a great pizza.

We ordered their Blackberry Arugula Salad and the Siciliana Pizza.
The salad was absolutely delicious.
However, the pizza was not at all to our liking.
It had a thinner crust (which normally we love) but this one was quite doughy ~ actually seemed undercooked.
We mentioned this to our server and he immediately took it away and had them make another one. He commented that if you don't want it 'doughy' ... ask for it to be well done. Interesting!

When the received the new pizza ~ there wasn't that much difference re: being doughy with the exception that now the 'greens' that were on the pizza were crispy and burnt.
We didn't see much point in saying anything ... just finished our meal and went on our way.

I would assume that there should be a set time to have the pizza in the oven (depending on the toppings). So every oven baked pizza would be the same standard.
Especially when this is supposed to be a Pizza restaurant.

Not sure if we will be going back ~ in any case ~ not for the pizza.

Sorry folks ~ you need to do better if you want to stay in business ~ especially with so many other pizza places as competition.

I have given a 3 star rating, only because of service and the salad ~ otherwise, Famoso Pizzeria at Guildford would get 2 stars because of the pizza ... which was not that edible.

1  Thank DBBilodeau
Chelsea J, General Manager at Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Hi DBBilodeau,

Thank's for taking the time to write your review. I'm happy to hear that the atmosphere, service and cleanliness were on par. It's unfortunate to hear about the feedback regarding the pizza though.

The pizza itself is a Neapolitan style - which prides itself on being credit card thin and known for being a wetter, softer dough. Very different from a western style pizza - even a thin crust western style. You server was not wrong in suggesting requesting a well done pizza to try and get more crunch to the crust. We encourage guests due to it's nature to eat the pizza "A Libretto" - which means folded like a book, or with a fork and knife. Both are very common in Italy. I'm sorry to hear the style was not to your liking, although the Siciliana is one of our wetter pizza's due the meats on it.

If you have any other questions or would like to speak more regarding your visit I can be reached at the e-mail below and would be happy to chat.

cjohnston@famoso.ca

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

This is a great place to eat, beside the Guildford mall, outside area is clean and bustling. Inside decor is absolutely fabulous and the food is also decadent. I especially like their pancetta with a fried egg pizza. One of my favourite. It's has a good bar area as well as seatings outside. The servers are generally good and friendly but room for improvement. The first impression is always excellent as I get greeted right away but needs work a few mins into the visit. Not just once, but a few times. The first minute is always friendly and welcoming but that atmosphere quickly drops off when the attention is elsewhere. I stood waiting for at least 2 mins with no eye contact waiting for an order to be taken and it's obviously not too busy at the time. Finally a manager?... saw me and came over right away and took my order. It's not an overwhelming fault but always room to get that extra star. Still a solid/descents restaurant.

Chelsea J, General Manager at Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Hi Clee7903,

Thanks for the review, I'm glad you enjoy the decor and layout.
I'm sorry to hear that our service dips a little after the initial greet. Thank you for communicating it. I can take this to our team and utilize it to help provide new goals for them.

Cheers and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Tried their pizzas and couple of appetizers they very made to perfection. Excellent drinks and service too. I would highly recommend.

Hi Chef_RajeevCCC

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and meal with us! See you next time!