“Great prime rib, nice escargot with cheese!”
Review of Anastasia Seafood & Steak House - CLOSED

Anastasia Seafood & Steak House
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Neighbourhood: Newton
Neighbourhood: Newton
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Go to Anastasia for the prime rib. It is excellent and rivals the Keg. It is a casual place and there is turnover in the servers. The prime rib is a special on Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. My significant other has never been disappointed and always orders it medium rare. I was pleasantly surprised with the escargot with cheese. It was actually very good. My chicken souvlaki was also very well done. The potato that came with my wife's prime rib, was over-cooked and not the best. But whoever is in the kitchen, knows how to cook prime rib. This restaurant needs to improve its image and hire servers that are consistent and professional.

There are newer reviews for Anastasia Seafood & Steak House

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Service was good, the food was good, the prices decent. it is definitely a place we will go back to when we are in the area again

Reviewed 9 February 2014

BF read the previous reviews and loves Prime Rib so we decided to give Anastasia's a try. We were pleasantly surprised! The young waitress was lovely and very friendly. The meal came with soup or salad; BF had prime rib which was delicious with an appetizer of clam chowder which was good and I had steak which was delicious as was the salad. For the price we would definitely go back. There was a musician accompanying pre-recorded music with flutes and a small drum; he was ok. If you are looking for a delicious meal served leisurely like people used to do when they had an evening out, then this is the place!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have gone to Anastasia because it is close to my mothers house in Surrey. Typically I have ordered the prime rib which has been great. It seems that there is still effort put into that dish. Unfortunately it is only served on weekends. The last time I took my dear mother (and fiance) there I had phoned ahead on Thanksgiving. They told me there was prime rib. We arrived later on to find out there was no prime rib as it is only served on weekends. Fine, but why indicate otherwise on the phone. When we arrived there were maybe 3 tables of people in the entire place. The server gave us their specials run down. I ordered the roast lamb. She indicated they had sold out of that. I jokingly asked her when and to whom??? I ended up ordering the parmesan chicken which I am almost positive was pre-frozen and pre-packaged. I The restaurant is great if you order prime rib on a weekend. Other than that, there is just to much competition out there for this place to be a worthy contender. Food, atmosphere and vibe need a serious over-haul

Reviewed 10 May 2013

We had tried this restaurant quite a few years ago and was not impressed with it. Recently, they placed an ad for their anniversary and it had a coupon "Buy one Entre and 2 Drinks and get the 2nd Entre of Equal or Lesser Value at 50% off". We ordered a coffee and a pop, and then later when we were ordering our food the server advised is that we had to order "alcoholic drinks" which was not stated in the ad (and also, not every drinks alcohol). We opted to forget using the coupon and proceeded to order dinner. The portion sizes are large but both of our dinners were just "ok". When we got our bill, the price of the coffee and the pop were more than what was stated on the menu. I brought this to the server's attention and she went and spoke with the owner. When the server came back she said that the prices had changed and the menus were wrong, but the owner had refused to adjust the price. We will not be going back to this restaurant and will definitely inform our friends of our experience.

2  Thank LRR_R