“Good but overpriced.”

Old Surrey Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Surrey Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 927 Restaurants in Surrey
Price range: US$23 - US$54
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Newton
Cross street: 134th street
Description: Nestled in the heart of Surrey, Old Surrey Restaurant is the culinary life force of fine dining this side of the Fraser. Founded in 1975, the Old Surrey serves up fresh, inspired dishes with local ingredients including lamb and veal from the family’s Chilliwack farm.
Reviewed 16 November 2017

All was good. Had a good meal and good service. It's an old house setting with a great atmosphere. Will go again soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

I took my fiancé here for his birthday back in July, and it was absolutely wonderful! It's in an old house, so every dining room is a different room. We were seated in the library and it was very romantic and special. Service was good and efficient. We got the Spring or Summer Celebration Dinner with fixed courses, and every single one was delicious! We started with a duck risotto, and it was very creamy and bursting with flavor. They prepared a fresh caesar salad dressing tableside, and it was super cool to watch that process; in addition, that caesar was really good! For our mains, we had filet mignon topped with crab, and it was honestly the best steak I've ever had in my life. My knife cut through it like butter, and the crab was fresh. Our dessert was a strawberry rhubarb Crepes Suzette prepared tableside as well, and they were incredibly delicious. They have a good sized wine list with lots of different options for your price range. Thank you Old Surrey for making it a night to remember!

1  Thank loralovessushi
Reviewed 9 November 2017

We both had the November special for $55 dollars each,my husband ordered the main entrée, his choice being a seafood type mix, he got very sick that night and all he could taste was the scallops which he said at the time didn`t seem to be cooked enough, tho. he thought perhaps that`s how they were supposed to be, well he sure suffered I can tell you! My dinner was excellent beef wellington I normally don`t like to complain, but thought I should say something in case someone else were to order it. Caesar Salad was the best I`d ever had!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

The service was top notch.We ate in the library room [unique].Portions were great we both had the seared halibut which was well presented.Good size meals.Higher prices but well worth it.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Delightfully surprised! Food and service was excellent for our business meeting. I will definitely take family and friends there again!!