“Just delicious tacos, twist of adventure”
Review of Taqueria Jalisco

Taqueria Jalisco
Ranked #123 of 860 Restaurants in Surrey
Reviewed 16 July 2017

You ever read reviews from other people and wonder if you were even at the same restaurant?? I have been here a bunch of times for quick lunches during my work day and have never had a bad experience with either the staff or food. We are always greeted and seated, with a tall glass bottle of cold water to share. We get a pretty unlimited supply of taco chips, wait for it, just by *asking* for more. I've only ever had the tacos - authentic, stripped-down tacos with fresh tortilla, meat, and a smudge of salsa and lime on the side, none of the North American cheese/sour cream abomination. I love the carnitas, a friend prefers the carne asada. Wash it down with ice-cold Mexican coke (using cane sugar, not HFCS - what a difference). The adventure part? It's in a horrid part of town, with a laundromat on the corner hosting all kinds of rowdies. We, a group of female coworkers, had the pleasure of being yelled at by an obviously intoxicated street person. It added to the experience and now we have a story to tell. Note - only ever been in the daytime for lunch, and it's usually calm and fine.

1  Thank Happy T

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Favorite Mexican restaurant in our neighbour hood. Food is fresh, hot , reasonably priced and good sized portions. A little slow on paying, one little trick we do when we go as a group, is to pay as soon as it comes. What I mean is there can be a wait at the till when everyone needs to pay when they are done and this can take some time. So we take turns while dining so we can be out without the delay.
Great Mexican products for sale as well, some great hot sauces etc

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Don't​ come here if you're in a hurry. Took over an 1 1/2 to have lunch, and they were only half full.
This is my second time here, first time was dissapointing and my second visit even worse. Just extremely slow service, 15 min to get a drink and make an order. The food took another 45 min to arrive. Didn't order anything special, just soup, quesadillas and enchiladas. One positive was the food wasn't smothered in cheese like so many like to do.
I agree with another review, tiny amount of chips and salsa. Maybe 10 chips for 3 people, lots of salsa though. The mild salsa was tasteless, the hot salsa was pretty good. I wish I had more chips to enjoy it. The chips were overcooked as well.
I really don't understand how this place got such good reviews. The food is simply tasteless, boring​ and the servings were small. The atmosphere is good although it's in a pretty shady area of Walley. Don't leave anything valuable in your car.
I love Mexican food and eat it quite often, only in the USA though as I have yet to find a decent Mexican restaurant North of the border.
Two stars is generous for this place, the people giving it 4 or 5 must not no what good Mexican food should taste like.

Reviewed 20 January 2017

Good food, friendly service, welcoming staff and exotic atmosphere. We were unfamiliar so we asked for recommendations and everything tasted very good. The tacos are a simple and delicious eat and the soup was very delicious also, but the beef was a bit stiff. Other than that, muy delicioso!

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

I come here a lot! I have tried their tacos and they are good.. But I've since then become vegetarian so I always order their tortilla soup! Tortillas on the side tho as they put So many in there it's a bit overwhelming. Cute place with an authentic feel. Also they sell a few random Mexican groceries such as hot sauces and such.