“All these reviews are so misleading, this place is terrible!”

Akasaka Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #109 of 867 Restaurants in Surrey
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Me and my family went to this sushi restaurant and my experiences were very horrible. So when we went, we were deciding on which meal to get. When decisions were made, the waitress's took very long to respond to our order. After then while waiting, they served a shrimp soup. That soup was really soft and tasted very old. The appetizers came last and the sushi tasted poor. When we ordered 1 Chicken Yaki Tori and Spicy pork, they served us 1 Yaki Tori and meanwhile we wait they give us a second Yaki Tori 30 minutes after we get everything else. The Yaki Tori is so disgusting, it tasted old. The Dinner Box tasted very bad, the rice in the sushi tasted stiff. Slow response, poor quality food.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

While on vacation and having enough western food, I missed the comforts of my favorite cuisine. This place fit the bill just right. They had different sushis, makis, rolls, and tempura. Then even had brown rice options available which I had for my spicy tuna roll.
An elder woman I presume was the owner was very attentive from greeting us and showing my family our private room. She even greeted us on our way out. How sweet! :)

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Food and service here is consistently awesome and has been since I started visiting here more than 15 years ago. The sushi is so good and comes massive portions. The tempura, sashimi, tofu, teriyaki chicken, etc is also amazing. The prices are high but the quality and portion sizes justify paying a bit more. Don't miss this place!

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

The sushi overall is great, although not the best I've had. The prices are reasonable. I really liked the mango tango roll, the ebi mayo, and the crispy roll. The seating inside is really cute with a lot of privacy ensured. A must try.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Our family frequent spot for sushi! Very big, clean restaurant with many private tatami rooms! Their sushi and sashimi are really fresh but just a tad bit on a pricier side but definitely worth it! Our all time favourite is oyster Motoyaki! So good we usually mop up all the sauce with the rice. Service is hit and miss depends on who you get but have to say all the sushi chefs are really friendly! always greetings in Japanese when you enter the door!!