“Freshly prepared ”

Add it.
Nando's Chicken
Ranked #247 of 961 Restaurants in Surrey
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Ordered the chicken rice veggies and mashed potatoes for take out.
Tasty food cooked to perfection at the guildford franchise.
The only item that could have been a little upscale were the portchugese buns ( cold and hard )

Reviewed 28 September 2016

all kinds of grilled chicken dishes and other vegetarian food, easy to order or pick up, good for lunch or dinner, try it!

Reviewed 6 September 2016

We ate here as a group on a Sunday night. If you like spicy chicken, this is the place for you. "Plain" chicken also has a touch of spice, but it's not strong. The service and price were average -- no complaints. The bread in my chicken sandwich was very fresh. Everyone else was happy with their meals.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

Nando's offers good flame grilled chicken spiced at various grades.
It is a cut above the average fast food restaurants.
It is also licenced if you want a beer or glass of wine with your food.

Reviewed 12 August 2015

My 10yo and I were missing the Portuguese chicken we used to have until last year, when we were living in Montreal, so we searched for some Portuguese restaurant in the area and the closest option for us was this Nando's location.

Their chicken is good - not amazing-good, but tasty and perfectly grilled. You can choose the spiciness of your meal - we both had medium spicy and it was really mild. Comes with a few choices of sides: fries (no skin on them, though I think I would have expected them to have it; my kid had them and they were ok), sweet potato (3 thin slices of sweet potato with some spices, some sesame (?) and a little cream on them; that's what I had and I wasn't impressed at all), rice and some beans, I think - they don't have those fantastic Portuguese potato wedges that are cooked under the grilling chicken, to get all the flavour that drips from the meat with its spices while it's getting done. I asked about them and the guy had no idea what I was talking about!
I also had some coleslaw - it was good!!! I got the "regular" portion, which was about 3 tablespoons of salad or so; I really am not a fan of huge portions but I thought this one was ridiculously small.
The desert for the kids meals was supposed to be ice cream; they didn't have any, so instead they brought a Portuguese pastry - the famous "pasteis de nata", or natas in short. That was really bad, it had nothing in common whatsoever with what a natas is supposed to be, how it's supposed to look and taste. I'm sorry Nando's, but no! Even the natas I'm making are much, much better. It's true that my late husband lived in Portugal many years so I learned from the source but anyway, I'm not a professional.

In short: good chicken, good coleslaw, kind of expensive place. If - and it's a big if - I would go back there it would be just to buy the chicken for takeout, but not to eat there. In my opinion it's a good, convenient place for a quick fix if you feel like having some Portuguese chicken, but not if you look for an authentic Portuguese experience.