All reviews a king size bed front desk staff breakfast room yogurt stayed one night loved this hotel breakfast staff nice room clean hotel nice stay minute drive vancouver hwy mall canada bc bedding
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I was very impressed with the hotel's noise policy clearly displayed everywhere! They have very specific quiet times with a very specific list of noises you aren't allowed to make. They said they would kick out anyone who disobeyed the quiet time rules and those people wouldn't get a refund. This is the first time I've seen such strict rules in a hotel!

The hotel was absolutely silent even though the parking lot was full at night! I slept like a rock!

Another impressive thing was the card in the bathroom saying that if you forgot something like a toothbrush or toothpaste, they would give you complimentary amenities right away. I forgot my toothbrush at a different hotel but they didn't provide that (I didn't think any hotels would provide tooth brushes!) so I was impressed with this Holiday Inn for that.

The bottom line of this hotel seemed to be that your comfort really did matter to them! So impressive!!

We actually stayed out in Surrey because we couldn't find any accommodation closer to Vancouver. There must have been a lot of events happening at the time. We saw some people from our event in downtown Vancover also staying at the hotel.

This was a great choice!

It is also only a 10 minute drive from the IKEA. I imagine out of towners come for IKEA so this place would be handy for that.

The only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 was based on the breakfast. The breakfast is free so I guess I shouldn't say anything negative about it but in terms of quality compared to another Holiday Inn we stayed at, they didn't have as many options (and to be honest, we were looking forward to the same type of breakfast so that was the only disappointment of our stay).

I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2018

We stayed one night in this Holiday Inn Express & Suites prior to taking the ferry to Victoria. One of the nicest things was that there were 2 elevators in this hotel, which made it really nice not to have to wait. The bed and pillows were extremely nice, leading to a good night's sleep. There were a few restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, so we didn't have to drive. There was an A & W, an Italian restaurant, Ricky's Grill, and and a restaurant serving pizza and Greek food. Our room consisted of a king size bed, a nice desk area, chair and the shower was wonderful with lots of pressure. Breakfast consisted of eggs, sausage, hash browns, fruit, yogurt, cereal and oatmeal. Also, there famous cinnamon rolls. This was a very nice, clean hotel and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

room Was a little dated. While it seemed clean (other than a handful of large carpet stains) upon arrival, regular daily cleanings were definitely lacking. They clearly didn’t sweep or vacuum among other things. Didn’t wear socks around the room and regretted it as my feet were very dirty after walking around in the room. Beds were comfortable. Shower had next to no water pressure and leaked from bathroom into the hallway which was frustrating. Air conditioner worked like a charm though! Breakfast was pretty sparse for vegan options. Only fruit offered was bananas and apples that were being manhanfled by staff. There was also no milk substitutes offered even when I was told by the front desk staff that they would be (had I not been told that I would have picked some up at a grocery store). The dining area was also way too small to accommodate everyone. Despite trying multiple times on our last morning there, we ended up not getting breakfast at all because there was absolutely no room. The pool wasn’t terrible, but the fitness room was depressing. It was super small and hot and 2 of the 3 cardio machines were out of order.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Bricy B
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

We can't wait to read the great reviews after our renovations starting this November are complete, meanwhile we do understand that the property is looking a little dated and we are sorry it did not meet your expectations. The cleanliness issue is of great concern however, the team daily works very hard to provide a clean, comfortable stay. Even though we are constantly full, the maintenance staff still manages to steam clean carpets as necessary and daily vacuuming is absolutely done in every room by the room attendants. We have had no water pressure issues reported nor has there been a report about a leak. It would be greatly appreciated if you could contact me directly so that these concerns may be thoroughly investigated and attended to, my email is gm@hiesurrey.com. I do hope to hear from you soon. Cheryl N

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

I was on a 2 day trip in Vancouver. One of the best hotels to stay in. Rooms were neat and clean. The staff was very accommodating and helpful. They have a reasonable price according to the awesome service one can get here.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for the awesome review and positive feedback, we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience! We would love to welcome you back the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We loved this hotel! We came in early am after a long 13hrs drive, the front desk staff was more then accommodating. When we asked about early check in-since we had a venue to attend that one evening. They immediately got all papers in order and called us at noon when our room was ready. They were friendly and fun courteous made my daughter giggle, by asking her is she had all her dance moves ready for the concert that evening. Loved it!! I was a very pleasant experience all together. The breakfast staff worked tirelessly to assure items were re-stocked and there was plenty of options. The hotel is clean. This will definitely be our go to place every time in the Vancouver area for any type of functions. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for a lovely review! We love learning that the team's efforts helped make your stay a success and really appreciate your positive feedback. Truly, it is our pleasure, your daughter's giggle is the best thank you we could receive. We hope to see you again!