“dining at its best”
Review of Tap Restaurant

Tap Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tap Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 882 Restaurants in Surrey
Price range: US$16 - US$39
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: South Surrey
Cross street: Rosemary Crescent
Transit: 5 minute walk away
Description: Creating modern & classical cuisine, Tap is South Surrey's premier dining room. Feel at home in our contemporary yet comfortable bistro located in the heart of Rosemary Heights in Morgan Creek. Chef Alistair Veen strives to marry downtown class & neighbourhood comfort. We offer an excellent wine program to pair with our French inspired, westcoast fare.
Reviewed 5 November 2017

The best thing about this little gem is Alistair Veen, BC's top Somelier 2016 (and more ...)

This chef/somelier/owner will make your experience very memorable. He does so much more than make excellent recommendations for food and wine pairings. Alistair partners with local farm and ranch suppliers to create TAP's fresh and local menu. He will tailor food and service for you. In a hurry? With friends? Serious 'Foodie?' On a romantic date? Celebrating? From out of town and keen to experience the Best of BCs local fare? You can't do better.

There is ample free parking. The atmosphere is cozy and elegant. The service is exceptionally good.

It troubled me to see that TAP had the same score as CABIN. If CABIN is a 70-75 on my scale of a possible 100, then TAP is in the 90s range, easily as fine as any of the top dining experiences in Vancouver.

Oh, btw someone characterized this as "Indian Fusion?" Eric did you perhaps intend to post about Vikram Vij's amazing 'My Shanti?' (that is another winner by the way) The TAP menu is farm-to-table, fresh and local with a foundation in Classical French and Italian. I used to be a Chef - trust me.

Tonight my husband and I celebrated a Birthday at TAP - just the two of us. We had a splendid experience. It was worth every penny.

Alistair made 'mocktails' for me because I was not able to have any alcohol (taking meds.) These were delicious and I did not feel sorry for myself even though my husband was drinking and enjoying a very fine wine.

My husband had some Kushi oysters served with a clever and daring mignonette. He enjoyed his main course (every bite) of Flat Iron, Alberta Waygu Beef w Demiglace, savoy cabbage and a puree of potato. He also enjoyed his dessert of Profiteroles and a perfect prepared and served espresso.

My charcuterie plate was outstanding. I also had rack of lamb that melted in my mouth paired nicely with seasonal veg. To finish I had an espresso and a poached pear w a chantilly cream that was not at all too sweet. What a nice ending!

Book a table on-line (or phone.) Oh and in case you don't know, you cannot smoke inside restaurants in BC. You can, however, dress up OR dress casually in most places including this one.

1  Thank Heather C

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a fantastic dinner for our Anniversary. We have dined here before and never disappointed. I usually choose the fish and love it. The Keg is a few blocks away but the food here is so fabulous the price is well worth it!

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We had dinner at the restaurant recently and really enjoyed the experience. The menu is extensive and is best classified as "Indian fusion ". The food was very tasty and well presented. The service was also very good. The restaurant is very well located for the South Surrey and White Rock areas.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a restaurant with cozy feelings and a decadent menu, then this is a definate must. The menu is carefully crafted and the food is put together with precision and care. The ambience is a mixture of sophistication with a relaxed almost familiarity to it. The open kitchen gives you a sense of eating in a private kitchen. What added to the charm was the owner who came over for a chat and made some personal recommendations. The lobster bisque soup is absolute heavenly and a definate must have. The signature tarts are beyond spectacular. The soft phyllo pastry with decadent toppings melt in your mouth amd ignite your tastebuds. I absolutely love this restaurant and it will be a firm favourite for me.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Great and friendly service. Live music Wednesday nights. Hidden gem. I enjoy talking with the owner. I had the pork and it was delicious.