“anniversary dinner”
Review of Tap Restaurant

Tap Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tap Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 926 Restaurants in Surrey
Price range: US$15 - US$39
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: South Surrey
Cross street: Rosemary Crescent
Transit: 5 minute walk away
Description: Creating modern & classical cuisine, Tap is South Surrey's premier dining room. Feel at home in our contemporary yet comfortable bistro located in the heart of Rosemary Heights in Morgan Creek. Chef Alistair Veen strives to marry downtown class & neighbourhood comfort. We offer an excellent wine program to pair with our French inspired, westcoast fare.
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a fantastic dinner for our Anniversary. We have dined here before and never disappointed. I usually choose the fish and love it. The Keg is a few blocks away but the food here is so fabulous the price is well worth it!

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We had dinner at the restaurant recently and really enjoyed the experience. The menu is extensive and is best classified as "Indian fusion ". The food was very tasty and well presented. The service was also very good. The restaurant is very well located for the South Surrey and White Rock areas.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a restaurant with cozy feelings and a decadent menu, then this is a definate must. The menu is carefully crafted and the food is put together with precision and care. The ambience is a mixture of sophistication with a relaxed almost familiarity to it. The open kitchen gives you a sense of eating in a private kitchen. What added to the charm was the owner who came over for a chat and made some personal recommendations. The lobster bisque soup is absolute heavenly and a definate must have. The signature tarts are beyond spectacular. The soft phyllo pastry with decadent toppings melt in your mouth amd ignite your tastebuds. I absolutely love this restaurant and it will be a firm favourite for me.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Great and friendly service. Live music Wednesday nights. Hidden gem. I enjoy talking with the owner. I had the pork and it was delicious.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

My private dinner club went to Tap tonight after reading some good reviews online. I had the French onion soup. It was delicious. My only criticism is that it was served so hot that it took nearly twenty minutes before I could enjoy it. The cheese on the surface was perfection. Further, they didn't make the dish with heaps of bread - which was nice as it didn't turn into a soggy mess. It was probably the best French onion soup I have ever had. My dinner mate had the Caesar salad. The presentation was sublime. Unfortunately the lettuce wasn't torn up. Presentation sacrificed practicality. Regardless it was delicious. I had the rack of lamb and cannot find any fault with it. There was a subtle sweetness which I haven't yet experienced before with this dish. I usually order lamb when I go somewhere noteworthy. The portion size was nice. The meat was so tender it melted in my mouth. It was perfect. I loved it. Desert was also excellent. I had the profiteroles topped with a delicious chocolate drizzle. I will absolutely order those the next time I go back to Tap. The service was excellent throughout the night. Our glasses were topped regularly. The bill came fast when we asked for it and was very reasonable. This restaurant is a gem.