“Hot pot”
Review of Boiling Point

Boiling Point
Ranked #222 of 872 Restaurants in Surrey
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Went there for lunch with family. This is one of my favorite restaurant in Surrey. Their price are moderately price. Food are close to excellent.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I have been here a few times and every time, I've enjoyed the food. There are 8 different hot pots to choose from. My standard is the seafood and tofu hot pot. (FYI - the tofu is the smelly kind). The first time I walked in, the smell knocked me off my feet. I got used to the smell though. This hot pot comes with a fish ball, 2 shrimps, a piece of squid, one raw egg, whatever leaf vegetable is in season, and a choice of rice or vermicelli noodles. The menu says organic vegetables but I doubt it. You can also choose how spicy you want the hot pot. There are other condiments to perk up your dish. If you want certain add-ons such as mushrooms, meat, etc., it's extra. If you find that you want more broth, ask them to top it off.

They offer a decent selection of bubble tea or teas. The only dessert offered is various flavours of frozen fruit cubed desserts for a buck. Haven't tried it but seems like square mini popsicles.

What I like about the hot pot is that you don't have to share as the portions are sufficient for one person.

It's a chain restaurant so if you plan on dining here frequently ask for the frequent diner card. You get the 12 hot pot free by getting the card stamped for each hot pot purchased. Same concept for bubble tea.

There's free parking in front but the plaza does get busy with other restaurants nearby.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Fun experience. Your large bowl of broth comes to the table on its own cooktop with items to add in. We like spicy, but the spicy was over the top- be warned. Not a lot of ambience.