“Never been disappointed”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Warfield
Price range: US$4 - US$27
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Spice Lounge welcomes you to indulge yourself with exotic Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine in the heart of Newell Green Warfield. Our Chef Three Times National Award Winner will take you through his culinary journey with mouth-watering traditional home style cooking and sumptuous Chef Speciality signature dishes. We source the freshest ingredients including our very own Vegetable Garden. Spice Lounge caters for everyone with a welcoming and friendly atmosphere, our elegantly decorated restaurant is the perfect complement to our food - we boast an outside garden area with ample parking, whether dining alone, with friends or the whole family, we would be delighted to welcome you and help you make a selection from the extensive menu. We have a full bar available and you will find our service attentive but not obtrusive. We invite you dine with us, and enjoy our hospitality.
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

My recent visit to this restaurant confirmed the consistency of the quality and service of this eatery
One of my faves is the lamb shikandari truely delish
The food is contempory Bangladeshi and Indian with some of the old favourites like butter chicken very well executed
One of the very best local restaurants

SpiceLoungeWarfield, Owner at Spice Lounge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Thank you very much for kind words and support - really happy to serve our customers and strive to always do better. every business has room for improvement and we are no different, however as a family run business we always need support from customers - so please continue to enjoy our food - please spread the word, and please come and tell us if you feel we need to improve.

Regards
Jay

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Ordered from here for the first time at the weekend and I was very surprised with the quality of the food. I will certainly be booking a table in the near future as the food was great.

SpiceLoungeWarfield, Owner at Spice Lounge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Hi and thanks for taking the time to review - please do come in and dine with us and see how it tastes and our hospitality.

Regards
Jay

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We came here on the off chance when our favourite indian was fully booked and having passed him several times we thought we would give it a try.

Although the buffet and choices was good and service was great, me and my husband could not helo noticing how the indian workers in the restaurant were bossing and shouting at a polish/non english worker they had hired. I work in HR and to witness the way the older indian guy was shouting and ordering him around in front of customers was disgusting, telling him clear this bin now this is your job to look at this and do this etc. We quickly left as it made me feel so uncomfortable and sad seeing an employer treatinh an employee like this. If he is not doing his job properly take him into the back room, explain what he needs to do without embarassing the poor guy in front of diners.

1  Thank VegasJetsetter77

Hi and thanks for the review - I have spoken to all our staff members - I will not tolerate being embarrassed in front of people and nor should staff tolerate this - I have given staff more training, on how to handle situations and communications.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Went to spice lounge today Friday 25th Aug and have to say totally disappointed with the food and service. When ordering the drinks we asked for a coke for our son and when it arrived at the table it was flat and when we asked did this come from a dispenser or bottle the waiter said big large bottle. This is a no no if you charge £3.50 for coke we expect this to be fizzy we finally got a fresh proper coke bottle. The guy who took our order got my starter wrong and then started to argue with me that he took the order correct and let me tell you chilli paneer in a sweet sauce comes as pieces of paneer cooked in onions and peppers not stuff green chilli with soft cheese deep fried in breadcrumbs so I did not get to eat a starter. Got so angry I went outside to cool off. My other half ordered the mains course. Well the butter chicken and the korma was exactly the same no difference at all except you taste some honey in the butter chicken and the madras chicken was disgusting.... all we could taste were cloves and black cadamon and then my other half found a huge hunk of ginger in his madras. I am Indian and actually come from a line of chefs that goes back 150 years and this was the worst Indian food we had even eaten. My OH who has been eating Indian food for 40+ years and step son who are white could not even eat the food. My step son who is 11 said this is not Indian food mummy and refused to eat anymore. Worst every food will not be going back there ever!!!! They guys even had the cheek to say next time you come free ice cream on us as if!!!!! Totally disappointed and was so looking forward to having a good Indian next time will have to cook it myself!!!

1  Thank Neena G
SpiceLoungeWarfield, Owner at Spice Lounge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Hi and sorry that you were left disappointed. I was not there that day as I was on holiday but questioned the staff and worked with my dad to get to the bottom of this. Our chilli paneer is slightly different as we are not 100% Indian we have influence of Bangladeshi cuisine. I beg to differ on your comments on our food being disgusting, if you felt i was poor for some reason but not disgusting if that was the case I would not dine there nor would my wife, nor would my relatives who go there. You mention that you are Indian being I am Asian too but what difference does that make? We have many Indian customers who dine with us I wouldn't give customers different service based on ethnicity.

I am genuinely sorry that you did not enjoy our food - but we will continue to strive to improve and serve quality food.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We visited as a large family group and did the buffet, the food was amazing and a nice selection of desserts, they gave us naan bread with mango chutney as appetiser. Would definetly visit again.

Greetings thank you for taking the time out and writing this review- I hope that you will continue to support our staff by spreading the word and we look to serve you again soon.