My husband, myself, and another couple just returned from this resort! We had a wonderful time! Jamaica is beautiful country!! Now the resort was very nice, and the rooms were awesome!! We upgraded and I am glad that we did!! The rooms are clean and the housekeeping is on their game!!! This resort is on the smaller side!! The food at the Hibachi and Italian were absolutely delish!!! The others were much to be desired! The bars have top shelf liquor and the bartenders make great drinks!!! Our favorite was Morris Grant!!!! He was the best!!!! He was efficient and fast!! Incredibly friendly and informative! Always had a smile on his face and we enjoyed his entertaining personality!! Awesome guy!!! The resort needs more like him!!!! The lobby staff was NOT accommodating or friendly!!!! The always seems put out by questions and requests!! We asked for an internet cord in our room three days in a row and still never received one!! It was needed for work purposes! The internet is horrible!!!!! Even in the lobby and their computer library. Work was difficult to complete without that service. Also, the couple we traveled with requested a wine corkscrew and it took them 4 days to bring that to them!! I have been to a few resorts in Jamaica and this resort was more aimed for the older generation. The bars, inlcuding pool bar, opens at 10am and closes at 6pm. So dont plan on asking for a bloody mary or mimosa with your breakfast!! My personal opinion, I would not return to Jewel Dunn River, and if I did it would be to visit our friend Morris Grant!! He made our stay much more enjoyable!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Introducing The Jewel Dunn’s River, a new Jamaican beach resort located mere moments from one of Jamaica’s top attractions – spectacular Dunn’s River Falls. The Caribbean’s most romantic, adults-only Jamaican resort is the perfect spot for couples, honeymooners and idyllic weddings. Plus, our all-inclusive resort features the unique ‘Jewel Only’ exclusives you can only discover here. Imagine watching a movie from the comfort of a pool raft and dining by candlelight on a pristine beach – that’s just the beginning. Now visualize your first breath in the morning being filled with fresh ocean air from your room’s private balcony. Picture yourself sipping handmade rum punch served by a pool concierge. Anything is possible at The Jewel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Expedia and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Resort And Spa