We stayed here between Nov 14th and Nov 21st for our 14th wedding anniversary. We used Sunwing out of Toronto. My wife and I loved this place. Anybody complaining, hard to believe. Don't get me wrong it's not perfect, but pretty close.
It's a small resort which we love. The food and drinks we're great. If people complained about the food, not sure what the hell there looking for. This was our 8th different resort, not including the one cruise. I sometimes over 2 different dinner and the combined them. The waiters were awesome. The moonstone was great. The platinum was even better.
The pool and the pool bar was fantastic. The ocean was small but nice. You couldn't go on long walks, but I knew that before I booked. Plus the distance from airport was about 1.5 hours. But you should know that before you book. It's not that bad of drive, you get to see the shore line a bit.
Room was very nice. We got a free upgrade to a ocean view room. SO THANKS JEWEL!!!!! That was very nice. We had A/C problem the first couple of days but they fixed it. So all good.
They do have a Bee problem. Not sure how they can fix that. But using there fountain machine was tough. So that was a minor draw back.
The pier dinner under the stars was cool. The tree bar was great. The people that work there so nice, always smiles. Cornell at the tree bar was great. Anthony at moonstone was one of the best waiters we've ever had anywhere.
We talking about going back next year.
Thanks jewel, it was awesome.
If anybody has any questions feel free to ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Introducing The Jewel Dunn’s River, a new Jamaican beach resort located mere moments from one of Jamaica’s top attractions – spectacular Dunn’s River Falls. The Caribbean’s most romantic, adults-only Jamaican resort is the perfect spot for couples, honeymooners and idyllic weddings. Plus, our all-inclusive resort features the unique ‘Jewel Only’ exclusives you can only discover here. Imagine watching a movie from the comfort of a pool raft and dining by candlelight on a pristine beach – that’s just the beginning. Now visualize your first breath in the morning being filled with fresh ocean air from your room’s private balcony. Picture yourself sipping handmade rum punch served by a pool concierge. Anything is possible at The Jewel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Resort And Spa