Villa Loyola(Mammee Bay)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$89
Seacrest Beach Resort(St. Ann's Bay)
US$108
US$135
  • Pool
US$177
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
US$516
Bookit.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$606/night.

6,262 results
All reviewsdiamond roompier dinnerblue holejade samuraimountain viewcoral cafeentertainment staffocho riosjerk chickenwrapspizza placepizza oventhe grillitalian restaurantpiano barnature walkour honeymoon
Reviewed 12 December 2011

The absolutely best hotel I've stayed. 5 star to the max. Cleanliness, courtesy, comfort, tranquil, serene. Absolutely the best staff. Do not hesitate to book the Jewel, I returned home on such a high. The food was delicious, the buffet sumptious. Spotless in and out. Would highly, highly recommend the Jewel. Thanks June all our excursions were absolutely enjoyable. At 60+ I went zip lining. Can't believe it. I could rant on and on, but book the Jewel and you will see and experience what I'm talking about. YA MON
D&L

Room Tip: Take the mountain view rooms. with the lights at night up in the mountain, chilling on your balcony with your special someone is the most romantic. In the daytime, the green scene is just what the Dr would order.
7  Thank Decatur611
rasbrat, Manager at Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at the Jewel. I am glad that you enjoyed the property as well as the fun tours that are offered in Jamaica.
Regards,

Reviewed 12 December 2011

The Jewell is just that, a jewell. From the moment we arrived until we boarded the shuttle for the airport every thing was perfect. Check-in was quick and professional and included a cool towel and a refreshing rum punch.
We had booked a butler suite and we met Larnell( one of our two butlers) and were escourted to our suite. Larnell had prepared a platter of cheese and crackers, and the room was stocked with all the liquid refreshments we would need including an array of premium liquors.
Our butlers did everything from reserving beach cabanas and bringing snacks and drinks to us on the beach to making dinner reservations for us each night. Every task was performed with a smile. Larnell and Fabian were the absolute picture of a professional butler, plus they soon became lifelong friends.
As for the rest of the staff, they were just as friendly and professional. Kelso is a lifeguard who took time out to take us on a catamaran sail to James Bond Beach and visited with us each day. I have a leg that doesn't work well and Kelso was always there to lend a hand. Floyd was another staff person who was always ready to anwser a question, grab a drink, or just sit and talk. Shenesa was our waitress each morning and was always there with a pot of blue mountain coffee or anything we required. After the first day we were always greeted by name with a big, friendly smile.
Our room was beautiful, with two furnished balconies and a large well appointed bath. Each night when we returned, the bed was turned down, and sprinkled with flower petals among the towel sculptures. The first night we found a plate with two heart shaped cakes drizzled with chocolate sauce.
I could go on for hours about our Jewell experience, but suffice it to say that it was our best vacation ever and we are already planning our return this spring. Give the Jewell a try and you won't be dissappointed.

Room Tip: I think a room facing the beach on the 3rd floor or higher gives you a great view of the beach and pools.
8  Thank Jon P

Dear guest,
Thank you for your wonderful comments and naming the staff that helped make your stay special. We calculate the times that each staff member's name get mentioned and the top mentioned team member each month recieves and award with cash prizes.
Regards,
Hotel manager

Reviewed 11 December 2011

I will start by saying my wife and I are All-Inclusive finatics. The Jewel is approx. our 20th AI.

Property: The grounds are well kept, and beautiful. You can tell it is an older resort, but it is clean and very nice.

Staff: Service was good, and everyone seemed to be willing to help with any need or concern. EXCEPT...the morning buffet staff. They are absolutely terrible. mostly unfriendly, slow, and unatentive. They didnt seem to mind if you never got your coffee/drink order, and got mad when I tried to get it myself after waiting 10minutes. This was a daily occurance.

Room: We had the "Diamond concierge Oceanview suite". Rooms are a little dated, but nice and clean with a stocked fridge, alcohol despencers in the room. You have a private balcony with nice views of the ocean. I would not reccomend paying extra for concierge/24hr room service unless you like to eat a lot in your room. Concierge is not needed since they told me I had to book my excursions thru the outfitter at the resort, and late night snacks with more options are available at the snack bar 24/7

Food: After going to several AI resorts in the past I know the food is average at best. Jewel is no exception. The breakfast buffet food is good if you can get over the poor service. Court Jesters has good pizza. The rest of the food is just OK. I will say I liked the desserts very much here.

Pools: The pools were very nice and staff was always cleaning the areas. The main pool had a lot of dead bugs in it due to the HUGE bee problem at the resort. Both swim up bars were great. All the bartenders did a great job serving everyone with a smile. Know this going in that there is a HUGE problem with bees at the resort. I was never stung but several people were while I was there. The hot tubs at the resort are a great idea and made for a nice way to finish off the day. The hot tubs were warm most of the time but on a few occasions were not very warm.

Ocean: The water was nice and warm enough to swim in. A reef is about 500yds out to sea, so the water on the beach is nice and calm. Very little sea weed, and you can go a long way out while standing up.The beach is not very scenic because of a pier on 1 side and a nasty fence with bob-wire on the other. The bob-wire side is there because of the drug dealers constantly hounding you to buy weed/cocaine/mushrooms etc. The beach is about 200yds long. Some say it was small I didnt think so.

Entertainment: I gotta give it to Jewel, they had the best entertainment of any resort I have been to. From the kids around the pool/beach all day playing games to the bands and activities at night, everyone did a great job. activities were available untill 230am nightly, but the resort was dead quiet before midnight every night.

Must do is renting a cab from "RUSTY" and have him take you to BLUE HOLE for a few hours. Its about 30minutes away and it is a spectacular waterfall that you can dive into or swing off a rope into. My wife and I were the only people there the entire time! Rusty also drove us around the area and showed us things most tourists dont get to see. He also took us to a great Jerk shop for lunch. It was safe fun and the best part of our trip!!

My wife and I never stay at the same resort twice. If a friend were to ask about staying at the resort I probably would reccomend it after telling them about the little things theat needed improving.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank khevin
rasbrat, Manager at Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments and I passed them on to the appropriate managers as we strive to get better each day. We hope to see you back again to make it a great experience.
Thanks again

Reviewed 11 December 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Jewel Nov 24 to Dec 3. It was by far the best resort that we have stayed at and they do everything and anything to make it an amazing experience.

I have been lucky enough to travel to Jamaica several times over the last 3 years and stay at various all inclusive resorts. We selected the Jewel for our honeymoon and we were in the Diamond Premier Room. I will say if you are looking for an amazing experience, filled with relaxation or a party atmosphere, the Jewel has it all! We loved everything and are planning on coming back so I will share our top things that we enjoyed / found which really sets the Jewel apart from the others:

The Food: Excellent! All meals, including the buffet for breakfast and lunch are put together with care. The nightly restaurants offer so many selections and the quality was above our expectations. We travel to Jamaica for the food and believe me you will not go hungry. Just as for more if you are and they will happily bring it to you.

Staff: Words can't even explain how hard they work to make you happy. Management even makes a point of getting to know the guests and they even have a managers cocktail party to make sure all guests know how to reach them and speak freely on what you like or have concerns about with the resort. Make sure you check out their photo staff and packages...they offer amazing deals and probably the best prices I have seen at any all inclusive and the quality is also great.

Hot tub in the SPA: This is a hidden treasure! If you want a quiet place to relax this is the place. The temperature is amazing and it is rarely used. My husband and I seemed to be the only ones there each day. This was like our private place to talk and enjoy the drinks we brought with us from the piano bar.

Entertainment: There is no shortage here. In the evenings they have done their best to provide something for everyone and they do this well. Between the local band that plays 2 times a night, the piano bar, the disco, the tree bar for lounging, Dive in move (GREAT IDEA) there is something for everyone. On nights when you want quiet time, just lounge in the tree bar or by the pool and piano bar. For those nights that you want to party...it's the disco and show or beach party that will get you moving. I will say that we had nights where we wanted to chill and others that we partied and never were bored at all.

Location: Within the resort everything is a 2 minute walk...to the ocean...the food...the spa...the everything...Best part is how close it is to the Dunn's River Falls. In 4 previous trips we always said we would go but because the fall are so far away from the other main tourist locations in Jamaica we never wanted to give up a day for the excursion. At the Jewel it is 1 mile..yes 5 minutes up the road so we finally went. It was so worth it and believe me you don't lose a whole day just a couple of hours which is perfect and then you are right back at the pool bar eating a jerk chicken wrap and laughing about the fun experience. Make sure you do Dunn's River...it is right next door and you will regret it if you don't!

Tip: Do what you would with any travel. If you don't want to be near the elevators, ask. If you need a quiet location, ask. If you need anything just ask...believe me they deliver.

Special thank you to Scott (the manager), Renee at the front desk, Colin from the tree bar and Loyd so funny and fun! you make our honeymoon so amazing! There were so many other people..too many to list but Thank you Jewel you really were what we needed and exceeded all of our expectations!

8  Thank Paige_N_Ki
rasbrat, Manager at Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for spending time with us at The Jewel as well as your comments on he property and the staff. We look forward to your return.
regards,

Reviewed 10 December 2011

The Jewel is a must for those who want to relax. This resort was recently renovated. I could not tell that this resort was 25-30 years old. The place was spotless. My husband has allergies to dust and mold. He had no evidence of allergies for the whole week. We have been to many other resorts and often have to change rooms due to a musty smell. The Jewel was such a treat and we slept like babies(no breathing problems)

I cannot say enough about the staff. They are so accommodating and always asking if everything was ok. Dayton and the activity staff are great at trying to get people involved in daily activities. My husband played volley ball everyday. Steve and the lifeguards are also great. Floyd- you are the best

Food was amazing!. There are 3 a-la-cart restaurants, no reservations required and no limit to the number of nights. The only one that may need reservation is the Japanese but we booked easily with short notice. We had a beach party one night and had a buffet.They also served dinner on the Pier one night. Everyone ate outside that night as well.

All included amenities are easily acquired without the need for tickets,bracelets,or front desk visits. Just walk up to the towel station, get a towel. Walk up to the kayak area, give your room number, take the kayak.

This is a small resort (250 rooms) so don't expect the large sprawling buffets you may have experienced at larger resorts. The food is delicious with moderate selection at buffets. We highly recommend a la carte. There is also an outdoor pizza bar as well as a burger pit that are both excellent.

The only negative comments that I have are:

# 1) The beach is short- I love to walk on the beach in the morning and I really missed that.
# 2) No lobster was to be found at this resort.

Even though the beach is short, the water was beautiful to swim in. I am not a good swimmer so not having big waves was great for me.

Thank you to all of the staff at the Jewel. It was our first time in Jamaica but not the last

A and J from Ontario

Room Tip: Follow this link: https://www.room77.com/hotel/jewel-dunn-s-river-beach-resort-spa-all-inclusive-ocho-rios-216311/?checkin=12%2F17%2F2011&checkout=12%2F18%2F2011&rooms=1&adults=1 Click "Floor Map" to see a view from the rooms in this hotel.
4  Thank James B

Dear Guest,
Thank you for all of your feedback. I have sent it off to the relevant departments as we consistenly strive to do better each day.
regards,