My husband and I are in our early thirties and have been to many 4 and 5 star resorts in Jamaica. This resort is by far the most beautiful. The beach is absolutely perfect (and I am picky). The pools are lovely, the food is very tasty (the pizzeria is phenomenal) and the staff are very friendly. We love the fact that there were no wrist bands or towel cards. I would absolutely recommend this resort.
We have only two complaints:
1. The basic room category boasts a view of a roof. Upon request, we were “upgraded” to the 5th floor which offered a beautiful view of the mountains, but also included loud whirring from the fans on the roof below (we look forward to the sounds of the night critters but they were completely drowned out). Also, the service elevator was close by and it really is loud! We had friends staying on another floor on the same side of the building (Saphire Premium) and they had the same complaint. I am sure that if we had asked we might have been relocated but unless you are moved to the front of the building (which is more costly), you cannot get away from the noise.
2. The nighttime entertainment begins far too late and is located in the disco. I have never seen this in any other resort that I have been to. We are by no means party animals but we love to listen to live reggae music after dinner and with the exception of two nights (beach party and bonfire party) all of the entertainment was held in the disco (which was set up theatre-style, rows of seats, no tables) and usually began around 11 pm! We tried to pass the time by sitting in the Tree Lounge but the only music played there is "elevator" instrumental. We heard several other guests commenting on what a disappointment this was and I urge the resort’s management team to bring in outdoor live entertainment, earlier in the evening. If this is an important factor to you and you have not yet booked your trip, I would suggest Breezes Runaway Bay where they host a live reggae band every single evening on an outdoor stage.
Overall this resort is wonderful. I only harp so much on the negatives because I know that the resort manager reviews these posts and I am hopeful that they will take these complaints into consideration. With the exception of the room noise and the lack of evening entertainment, this resort is Perfect and we would not hesitate to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Introducing The Jewel Dunn’s River, a new Jamaican beach resort located mere moments from one of Jamaica’s top attractions – spectacular Dunn’s River Falls. The Caribbean’s most romantic, adults-only Jamaican resort is the perfect spot for couples, honeymooners and idyllic weddings. Plus, our all-inclusive resort features the unique ‘Jewel Only’ exclusives you can only discover here. Imagine watching a movie from the comfort of a pool raft and dining by candlelight on a pristine beach – that’s just the beginning. Now visualize your first breath in the morning being filled with fresh ocean air from your room’s private balcony. Picture yourself sipping handmade rum punch served by a pool concierge. Anything is possible at The Jewel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Resort And Spa