All reviews his guitar folk songs propane stove jerry fishing nr cabin fridge lake internet bc
Reviewed 28 July 2014

we stayed here with our family in cabin nr five, the cabin is basic but so clean and attractive to stay in. the owners are very friendly and helpful. we stayed here for visiting wells grey, it's an unpaved road up to get at star lake resort, 25 min drive with a small car from center clearwater.
for us it was a true canadian experience here, nice.

Room tip: all the cabins looked great, cabin nr 5 recomended
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
StarLakeResort, Owner at Star Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

We're happy that you enjoyed staying in one of our cabins and your Canadian Wilderness Experience.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed 3 days at this beautiful lake, in a very cosy cabin. Jerry and Joan did everything to make our stay a very pleasant experience. Jerry learned our kids to fish, provided fishing gear and bait and helped us out to replace a flat tire. The weather was bad - lots of rain and a very pow temperature - but that did not matter much. We had a great time!

Date of stay: July 2014
Trip type: Travelled with family

We enjoy sharing our Canadian wilderness with visitors - especially such avid fishers.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband and I made and impromptu booking with Star Lake Resort. It surpassed our expectations in every way. Yes, the cabin was small, but it was super clean and truly the perfect size for the two of us. We adapted quickly to the size and realized that anything bigger would have been a waste for us.
We loved the fact that our cabin sat on the lake...with our own private view. We stayed in cabin #1. Keep in mind there is no cell service. However, 15 min drive into town is all you need to be "connected". It was nice to be tech free. I'm sure all the resorts in the area would be the same for cell service. The owners Joan and Jerry were very friendly and helpful. The lake is gorgeous and huge! We enjoyed fishing for the day. The resort is very close to Wells Grey National Park which is a MUST SEE, especially the waterfalls. Overall, our stay was perfect.

Date of stay: July 2014

We're glad you discovered Star Lake Resort and enjoyed your holiday.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I absolutely loved star lake resort. from the moment we arrived we were treated with nothing but respect. Joan and Jerry (the owners) are excellent hosts. They truly want all of there guest to enjoy there stay.

The scenery is breathtaking, and the sounds of nature here are so incredibly relaxing.

I would say that this resort is "rustic" and definitely not for the "city folk". there's barely any cell phone reception, no internet, and no TV. If you come here it is to truly enjoy nature and some fishing.

Star lake was very relaxing, from the birds chirping to Jerry singing and playing the guitar down by dock. Its great!

I would definitely recommend this resort for anyone who wants to get away from there hectic life's and enjoy the outdoors.

We cant wait to go back next year!

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
StarLakeResort, Owner at Star Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

We try our best to make our guests' experience pleasurable and memorable. Glad you enjoyed your stay in Canada's beautiful wilderness. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We planned a family vacation on the May long weekend. All three of my adult children and my husband and I rented a cabin each. The cabins were extremely small and rustic for $145 a night. The resort dog cornered my leashed dogs on the stairs blocking their way and growling. My dogs are pugs for god sake! One of the fridges was warm so the owner came and turned it up. The next day everyone in the cabin had headaches and were sick to their stomachs. The owners admitted that carbon had backed up into the cabin as it had previously! I'm just relieved these were adult children and not my grandchildren in the cabin. The owners never once apologized, but made many comments that they must have the flu. Funny that after a few hours in the open air their flue vanished. There were large signs posted that said quiet time was between 11pm and 9am, however the owners grandchildren played outside my cabin window beginning at 7:30am. My daughter in-law was walking her pug on leash when the much bigger resort dog came charging out and attached her around the throat and head. She was bleeding from the ear. Not one word was mentioned of offer to discount for making everyone sick. It was an expensive disaster for all of us.

Date of stay: May 2014
2  Thank LorraineBC
StarLakeResort, Owner at Star Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Yes, some members of this family did not have a pleasant stay at Star Lake. We did have trouble with one of the fridges in one of the cabins. It occurred after the occupants complained that their fridge was not getting cold enough. We told the occupants that it might take some time to cool the food they placed in it. Yet we turned the fridge to its coldest setting. We advised them that they should turn it down after a short while especially if they smelled a pungent odour. They did not. In addition, they accidentally left the freezer door open a crack which exacerbated the problem. The following morning when we were advised of the problem we immediately began to take action to rectify it, which we did. It took about a half hour. They had no further problem with the fridge.
One of the two couples staying in the cabin felt ill. We asked if they had noticed the odour before retiring for the night. He said yes but thought it might be cigar smell as one of their group had been smoking them. We do not allow smoking in our cabins. Joan had told them if they noticed a smell they should come and get us immediately. He said as it was midnight when he noticed it and he did not wish to bother us. I told him if it happened again he should get us immediately. I did suggest it might be the flu as the woman said she felt feverish and a fever is not associated with CO distress. Joan went over to talk to her after looking up the symptoms. She felt the young woman might indeed have suffered from CO. The young woman stayed in the fresh air as recommended and reported later that she felt fine. We are sorry this occurred and did give the affected couple a discount on their stay.
The dog issue occurred when one of the group approached the office to plug in her cell phone. The pug accompanying her was on leash. We had told this family when they arrived that our experience had been dogs on leashes feel vulnerable and are most likely to get aggressive and that our dog would be protective of the children and she should be careful with her dogs. I don’t know what happened but there was a scuffle and she retreated to the cabin with her dog. I immediately went to her and asked if the dog was okay. She said it had a little blood on its ear but was fine. She gave me her cell phones and I took care of them.
I feel the most significant reason this family had a disappointing time at Star Lake was the weather. It was the May long weekend and they arrived Friday afternoon. It began to rain about two hours later and except for short periods without rain continued throughout the weekend. Star Lake is not an expensive place to stay and as one can see from other comments that most people are very satisfied with our beautiful camp and service. We would have been disappointed as well.
The person who provided this review was not involved in any of these incidents and did not discuss them with us during their stay.