“This place is now called Lucciano's”
Review of Barney's on Tap

Barney's on Tap
Ranked #12 of 22 Restaurants in Grande Cache
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Description: Barney's is a licensed family restaurant with a beautiful lounge area and fully equipped ice cream parlour. We specialize in home-made fish and chips, build your own burgers, gourmet pizzas, daily soups and much more. Come check out our 20 different flavours of ice cream and our home-made desserts. We also have beer on tap! There is something for everyone at Barney's on Tap.
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

A couple of locals told us it was new and good. I guess when you have little choices, new seems good. The dinner was a $60 dollar let down.
When seated I asked for a drink menu. Told their was none, but weirdly the waitress did not suggest anything, despite the fact
they had a fully stocked bar in the back. I then noticed a small drink special menu in the next booth. Do they not want to actually sell drinks?
The appetizer was deep fried mozzarella sticks and they were good. My wife made an off handed comment that she can judge an Italian restaurant by its lasagna. Yikes.. things at Luccianos is about to go downhill.
My wife's lasagna was a $19 dollar pile of noodles with an excess of ground beef and very little cheese or sauce. What sauce there was, was very plain and tasteless. Sauce and salt must cost less then beef, so I am very confused. But things get worse and less saltier ( not really possible) I order a $ 25 12 oz strip loin which was not close to 12 oz or even an actual strip loin. What I was served was an extremely small, round cheap cut of steak that picking any degree of done, was a joke. One end rare the other med well. I guess it balances out because I ordered med rare. How is the even possible? Maybe because the steak was 2 mm thick? Ever cook meat without using any spice? Not even salt? You wouldn't do it at home so why would you try to sell it at a grossly inflated price? Then the weirdest of all for an Italian restaurant was that I ordered a side of fettuccine with Alfredo sauce and received rigatoni noodles with sauce. They are not even long and stringy. They are small round tubes.The waitress acted like this was normal.
I wanted to enjoy this meal and tell everyone that Grande Cache had a new awesome restaurant, but that would be a lie. Do you want to waste $60 dollars on a bland tasteless restaurant selling inferior quality food? This is the place. I wish I could make a joke, but this restaurant is the only joke.

1  Thank Thomas L

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Yesterday I decided to give it a try and dine in at Barney's instead of take out and that was the worst decision I ever made.

When we arrive there was only like 5 tables and 2 waitresses, which obviously they couldn't handle it. We waited about 5 minutes to be seated and another 5 for the waitress to get our drink order and once we ordered, we waited an hour and 14 minutes to get our food. Of course I wanted to leave and say something but my bf is too nice and he didn't let me do or say anything about it. There was a table that got there at least 15 minutes after us and they got their food first also a lady that arrive way after us, she ordered to go and she got her food first. I'm pretty sure our "lovely server" forgot to ring in our food and when she finally brought it she said: "our kitchen apologies for the delay" yeah right? She forgot to order our food. The fries were cold, the bun of the burger was cold and the salad had way too much dressing.

Barney's get better staff, 2 waitresses and only 5 tables and they couldn't handle it? That's really bad. While we were there 2 tables walked out because nobody notice them so they just decide to leave. These 2 servers keep dissapearing for long periods of times, I don't know if they are smokers or what they have to do at the back, they were gone several times for a periods of 5 and 10 minutes at the time.

If you guys keep having these bad waitress and make people wait over an hour for food. I really doubt Barney's will make it to the second anniversary.

This place is not even close of what used to be when Jen was managing it. Barney's is not the same without her. Shame on you Barney's. Good luck!

2  Thank Destination160453
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We just visited this lovely pub. It's clean and has a fun and great decor. The menus are clean and looked appetizing. We were really excited.

Service was poor. Our server was Brandy. When we arrived, it wasn't too busy, she forgot my water twice, and it took 15 minutes before she took our order. Once food arrived, she didn't check in or come back to clear plates until long after we were done and I had to wave her over for our bill.

Food: the quality seemed to be almost there. The Barney's burger and fries was delicious. The party platter came out way way over cooked. The cheese on the nachos and potato skins was way over crisp and burnt. Everything else was cold. Aside from that the wings were cold but delicious. However half the meal was inedible.

We'll return, because I believe it can be good... But I truly hope we have better service and food this time. If it improves, I will happily edit this review.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We were in Grande Cache for the CDR. One member of group needed a special prerace meal. No one in town had anything like it on the menu. Barneys went shopping and cooked it! After the race we ate amazing burgers, steak and a few cold ones from their bar selection. Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Ive been several times hoping it will get better as the food is pretty good but this is by far the worst service in town. Will not be going back.

2  Thank pix83