“Terrible service: I waited an hour and 14 minutes to get our food!”
Review of Barney's on Tap

Barney's on Tap
Ranked #12 of 22 Restaurants in Grande Cache
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Description: Barney's is a licensed family restaurant with a beautiful lounge area and fully equipped ice cream parlour. We specialize in home-made fish and chips, build your own burgers, gourmet pizzas, daily soups and much more. Come check out our 20 different flavours of ice cream and our home-made desserts. We also have beer on tap! There is something for everyone at Barney's on Tap.
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Yesterday I decided to give it a try and dine in at Barney's instead of take out and that was the worst decision I ever made.

When we arrive there was only like 5 tables and 2 waitresses, which obviously they couldn't handle it. We waited about 5 minutes to be seated and another 5 for the waitress to get our drink order and once we ordered, we waited an hour and 14 minutes to get our food. Of course I wanted to leave and say something but my bf is too nice and he didn't let me do or say anything about it. There was a table that got there at least 15 minutes after us and they got their food first also a lady that arrive way after us, she ordered to go and she got her food first. I'm pretty sure our "lovely server" forgot to ring in our food and when she finally brought it she said: "our kitchen apologies for the delay" yeah right? She forgot to order our food. The fries were cold, the bun of the burger was cold and the salad had way too much dressing.

Barney's get better staff, 2 waitresses and only 5 tables and they couldn't handle it? That's really bad. While we were there 2 tables walked out because nobody notice them so they just decide to leave. These 2 servers keep dissapearing for long periods of times, I don't know if they are smokers or what they have to do at the back, they were gone several times for a periods of 5 and 10 minutes at the time.

If you guys keep having these bad waitress and make people wait over an hour for food. I really doubt Barney's will make it to the second anniversary.

This place is not even close of what used to be when Jen was managing it. Barney's is not the same without her. Shame on you Barney's. Good luck!

2  Thank Destination160453

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We just visited this lovely pub. It's clean and has a fun and great decor. The menus are clean and looked appetizing. We were really excited.

Service was poor. Our server was Brandy. When we arrived, it wasn't too busy, she forgot my water twice, and it took 15 minutes before she took our order. Once food arrived, she didn't check in or come back to clear plates until long after we were done and I had to wave her over for our bill.

Food: the quality seemed to be almost there. The Barney's burger and fries was delicious. The party platter came out way way over cooked. The cheese on the nachos and potato skins was way over crisp and burnt. Everything else was cold. Aside from that the wings were cold but delicious. However half the meal was inedible.

We'll return, because I believe it can be good... But I truly hope we have better service and food this time. If it improves, I will happily edit this review.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We were in Grande Cache for the CDR. One member of group needed a special prerace meal. No one in town had anything like it on the menu. Barneys went shopping and cooked it! After the race we ate amazing burgers, steak and a few cold ones from their bar selection. Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Ive been several times hoping it will get better as the food is pretty good but this is by far the worst service in town. Will not be going back.

2  Thank pix83
Reviewed 15 April 2017

I travel a lot and this place is absolutely amazing! Food is incredible, staff is helpful and I was blown away and cannot wait to return! Ben and Jenny are amazing hosts and should be proud of this restaurant and lounge.

Darryl Varadi