“Closest Chinese to Comfort Inn”

Loon Onn Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 41 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Don't be fooled by the bleak exterior, strange name and shady sign ("Under New Management"). This well-liked restaurant had a common Chinese selection which you can also order out. I had mushroom chow fun and plenty of it came out; I couldn't finish it.
A tip-don't order a bowl of rice if it doesn't come with your meal. They charge 2.50 a small bowl. We stayed at the Comfort Inn and this was super close by. Food is food!

Bottom Line: Bleak interior but homely service.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

Not too bad, not great either... Simple chinese food. Service ok and prices are what you expect of that type of place. finished my plate so was not terrible but will not go back.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

Service was a wee bit sterile - not unfriendly but certainly not an attention grabber. Decor is minimally Asian. Food is certainly over americanized. Ambiance is a bit lacking. Regardless, meal was filling although not overly tasty.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

I usually pick up take out on my way home from Halifax to Moncton. Great Food and you can ask for no MSG. Very reasonable prices and very tasty. Highly recommended. Friendly Service!

Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

My family and I were in for supper. The five of us all ordered combination plates. We all agreed that the food was decent and that the price was reasonable. The decor is very dated and could do with a much needed update. Will probably not return, but was full when we left the restaurant.