“AMAZING”

Bella's Cafe & Bistro
Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 902-660-3090 - must add this to the list, a choice for people who do not want fast food nor pub food nor ok chinese. Huge surprise to find this delightful restaurant in this town. Lovely watercolors by local artist, guitar player - excellent food - went back twice in 24 hours - supper was beautiful haddock, rice and veg $12. Went back for lunch - yummy panini $8 , chowder $6 and salads $8. Very reasonable
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Best food I've ever had. Owner is amazing and friendly. Hard working staff. Fresh food all the way. Nothing is old. Everything is fresh. Soup freshly cooked everyday. Best restaurant in Amherst.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

I was in Amherst for a tourism gathering & our group had an evening meal plus used the meeting room at Bella's the next day. Our meeting was catered a lunch by the Bella's Staff.
I was really impressed with the choices on Bella's Menu. Hard to decide which dish to order! Everyone at the table (23 in all) enjoyed their individual orders.
Definitely a Bistro to return to in the future.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely evening great service and delicious foods! Local craft beer tasting and wine tasting too! Triders red beer was delicious as was the Cabernet Rosh from Joist winery. The Mango salsa salmon was cooked perfectly served on a bed of basmati rice with steamed veggies! The haddock was also delicious and served with roasted potatoes and fresh vegetables. The table was set simply with lovely fresh cut flowers! Highly recommended!

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Dinner with family and friends. Service was attentive and server was knowledgeable about the menu. An excellent menu, and the three of us made different selections, all of which were excellent.
Stick to the small salad unless you are really hungry, as it is good size, and the full salad is served on a dinner plate!
I had the spicy spaghetti & meatballs, even though I don't care for spicy foods. It was delicious. My wife had a spicier dish, which she totally enjoyed, and our friend had the pork medallions. Roast potatoes looked delicious.
I had my favourite - apple crisp - served cold with whipped cream. I am sure they would have heated it if I had thought to ask. The chocolate dessert was a large portion, and excellent. Coconut cake did not receive rave reviews.
A limited but adequate selection of drinks, with a pleasant ambiance. Prices are reasonable.
I don't give many 5-star reviews, but this one earned it.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Ordered the seafood alfredo. This was one of the top three meals of a 9 day trip to Nova Scotia and PEI. I would highly recommend this Bistro. Excellent service as well!