Fairmont Mountain Bungalows(Fairmont Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$107
Riverview Retreat(Fairmont Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$105
US$98
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot springspublic poolhot poolshotel guestssteamersdiving boardgreat family vacationdry saunasteam roomloft roombears pawbit datedwine festivalpools are greatspring poolhorseback ridinghiking trails
Reviewed 23 May 2018

We stay at Fairmont Hotsprings Resort every spring....have been doing so for a decade and half. Last year we were in one of the Juniper rooms and weren't pleased with the outdated decor and how dark it was. This time we requested to be in the main building and loved our room. A large landscaping project was under way the 4 days we were there and had we been in Juniper, as friends were, we would have been disturbed. We, on the other hand, heard no noise. We really enjoyed our stay yet again though for the first time ever in any hotel experience I have had, one day we never received housekeeping service!?!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank LBtravelandfood
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

This is our second visit as a family and this time the rose colored glasses came off. Best thing about the resort is the housekeeping staff they are friendly and work wonderfully with what they have. Rooms are clean, but dated. Restaurant is awful. Went to both the pub and the "finer" dining option. Just awful is all I can say about that. Guest pool is lovely. Public pool needs a complete overhaul. Paint flaking off the pool, rotten multi-layered painted wood, lots of upkeep desperately needed. It is better not to have couches in the common areas than threadbare worn forty year old dust collectors.Fairmont hit its heyday in the 70's and has not updated much since. Truly sad it could be amazing with some care from the owners.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Very nice room. Really comfortable bed. Had a relaxing soak. Just spent one night since we were passing through. Had a snack in the pub which was good. A band was playing which was really loud. Hard to have a conversation. The bathroom in our room did not have an exhaust fan. Heater was noisy. Overall. Nice stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2018

The resort is old and I could totally picture how this would be just a hit in the 70's, I have been here before but not for 40 years. The room was old but did the trick and for being old there were surprisingly no issues. Not a 5 star or modern but then again they were not trying to be. I usually do not go for the rustic look but was happy enough cause the beds were comfortable and my needs were met. It took me a few times to get the layout as the place is confusing with the amount of floors on the slope. Once I knew my way around it was easy but there are many exits to the pools. My wake up call was late and the front desks attitude when asking for one was quite different not professional and not sure if she was trying to be funny but it just came off as wrong. The house keeping were extremely friendly. The restaurant was an entire different story and I received terrible service here as they do not seem to be able to serve larger groups. I got my dinner at least 10 mins before anyone else at my table and wanted to eat while it was hot but could not get their attention to get a knife and the meat was dry, I said no gravy on my meat and they gave it to me plain, could have used any sauce. The restaurant service was pretty much terrible for the remainder 3 days. Again we went a week after BC's family day to avoid kids and crowds and had no idea the kids from Alberta were having the entire week off family day, yes not just one day but Calgary apparently gets the entire week off. On Monday we thought the kids would be gone the next day but the next day they were still there. The kids were running int he halls and thought it was funny to press every button in the elevator all night long. I mentioned it to front desk and the maintenance man made a few trips to keep a watch. The hot springs were crowed again with kids and splashing etc with the parents right there not saying a word which kind of pissed off many seniors. Inside the hotel were 2 hot pools and steam which I tried but it was better outside in the fresh air. The public pools were just packed with kids, you could not even get into the pool as it was just massive kids everywhere especially after 3 30 when the ski hill was done. I tried to stay in the lap lanes and swim but it was over run with kids not respecting the boundaries. They had the ladders blocked off due to snow and ice so you had to climb the wall to change pools and that was quite the task. The view at night of the mountains was breath taking but the entire experience was ruined by kids. Life guards were around but not doing much. The change rooms were huge and it was a bit of a walk from the hotel in ice and -25 C but not bad. The grounds were a bit icy and I am surprised they did not remove more of the ice as people had to walk from the pools to the hotel. It was a bit chilly in a robe at -25 C. The spa was impossible to get in because of the unusual business due to Alberta's family day. I might try this place again if there were no kids or if the life guards actually made sure etiquette was followed and adults had some space with no splashing and screaming kids. Over all I wasn't impressed but if you don't go as a large group like we did I think you would get better restaurant service, go when no kids are around off season as it would be pleasant without all the screaming and splashing and if you don't mind an old building and worn out decor then you might have a better time. I enjoyed the other adults and any swim time I got when it was not so packed with kids in the day but there was still to many and of course I wanted to see the sunset on the mountains and use the pool at night but it was not enjoyable because of kids. The hotel is not quite you can hear everything. Even with my TV on I could hear the elevator button.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2018

We were there on the weekend of April 6-9 and the ladies had to change in a trailor that had a bathroom and sink but no where to put your clothes, not even a chair. The floor of course was soaking wet! They are renovating the change rooms so the lockers were also outside! I am sure they could have put up a tarp type tent so it wouldn't be so cold standing there opening up the locker and freezing. There were no water fountains and the restaurant was closed. The pool is in absolutely terrible shape! The floor and walls are peeling from the paint!
They charged full price which we all felt was ridiculous!
We are camping there May long weekend and I sure hope things will be up to par by then or we will not go to the pool. Very disappointing!

Stayed: April 2018