“Grilled meat paradise”
Review of El Humero

El Humero
Ranked #2 of 110 Restaurants in Takapuna
Price range: US$10 - US$21
Description: l Humero is the first traditional Colombian-style barbecue restaurant in New Zealand. We deliver a culinary experience that showcases the classic and rustic elements of Colombia. When you will visit El Humero, you will feel that you have magically been transported to Colombia through our mouth-watering Colombian-style barbecue dishes prepared fresh over traditional wood-fired and charcoal grills. We promise that you will walk away with a lasting taste of our food and the warmth of the Colombian people.
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Next soon to Dantes Pizza in the wonderful Fortieth and Hurstmere complex in Takapuna hides this fantastic Colombian BBQ joint.

There's a real BBQ and it's chef really is Colombian. He knows how to grill meat. I mean really knows.

I can't remember the name of the dish I chose but I do know that it was amongst the best grilled meat I've ever had. I took a photo which should be attached to this review. It came with some cornbread and a dip (there is a choice of sides that come included).

We drank Pony Malta, a non-alcoholic malty drink that went down so well with the big pile of meat.

You can either sit at a table inside the restaurant, at the bar that surrounds the charcoal BBQ grill, or outside in the Fortieth & Hurstmere shared spaces. Awesome.

I'd eat there again in a heartbeat.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

We had the best time at El Humero. Food was outstanding, staff were welcoming and friendly and you get to chat with the chef as the open fire kitchen is right in front of you. I'm coming back to try the ribs ❤️

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

I went her with my 16 year old son who has a voracious appetite and the first class steaks along with Chorizo even satisfied his appetite love the way it's cooked over wood giving the meal very unique flavours
On learning we were from England the owner insisted we try some very tasty black pudding all in all a wonderful time

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Food is good. Service could be more attentive. Had yo get up twice to get water for the table. We like the food and would be back ..

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Went with some friends for some lunch and all the food that came out was great and all at the same time with friendly service!!
Throughout the course the staff were friendly and was great to see all cooked in front of you! Couple of us had the beef nuckle which was tender with the guacamole side which was fantastic - the steak was great also - would recommend anyone in takapuna to head down there for a nice Colombian bite to eat

Date of visit: June 2017