See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 January 2018

If you just need somewhere to sleep it serves it's purpose.
Very old everything, don't believe the pictures. Very 70's and could do with a good lick of paint.
Musty smell on the bed coverings, and old mattresses and pillows.
Pool was good though.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2017

The only positive about the motelroom is there was enough coffee provided. The building is looking like you step in an old factory. Dirty walls in the room. The outsite need a tidy up, leaves everywhere. It is worn out need a total upgrate. The reception is never demand. You can not leave the key in a drop off box so have to wait till the owner open the door.

Room Tip: Do not go to this motel look for something else.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GijsJongeneel
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

The property is a little on the older side so don’t expect a international service as you would in large brand name hotels. It’s locally owned and locally run so His is a plus plus when you can support the local economy. The room was pretty good not one of the new ones but it was ok, if you have something you need ask, if something needs to be repaired ask. They served and served well, the attendants for the room service each day were very friendly and very nice. If you don’t get is it’s because you did not ask, would I stay here most certainly yes. It’s very near he city a short bus and ferry ride to Auckland. He property is being renewed and renovated now so it’s getting a new facelift.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Do not even think about booking this place! After driving all day, we had arrived here to find out the man at the desk said he hadn't received our booking. I had a confirmation email and I have booked through wotif over 100 times! He was extremely rude and showed no empathy at all. Meanwhile, another couple were beside us trying to check in as well - they had the exact same problem with the hotel. It is clear that the people running this hotel have no idea what the hell there doing and should be in a retirement home.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank marshtee
Reviewed 17 September 2017

This would be a one star if it wasn't for the location. I didn't expect the ritz but as the other reviews state, this place is so badly rundown and dirty. I won't go on and on about all the problem as there are too many it's actually absurd. When we checked out I had to insist to see the bill, which seemed to be a huge inconvenience to the man in the office, just to make sure I wasn't being charged extra.
The internet is awful (as it in takes half an hour to load a page) so don't even bother.
I've never written a bad review and I don't feel hugely comfortable doing it now but people need to be warned and I should have checked the reviews before I booked.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends