All reviews shopping centre stayed here great location proprietor hospital motel microwave auckland
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Staying a total of 7 nights for work, awesome bed, great pressure in shower. Basic cooking facilities but close enough to Takapuna to walk for evening meal if required. Microwave died early in week, but brand new one fitted after bringing it to attention of owner.
All my requirements have been met and would happily recommend and stay here again.
Parking on site, noise at night, but this is Auckland...
Very efficient heating...much appreciated in this dreary weather

Room Tip: Upstairs corner room had spa bath and bay window seat, great reading spot on a sunny day...
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Storyteller824609, Guest Relations Manager at Takapuna International Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Conan0710 , thank you for such positive comments about our motel. We are happy that all your requirements have been met. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to see you back again.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Location was the only good thing about this place, it is very run down and smelt damp, we needed to stay close to North shore Hospital so location was good. The grounds were covered in weeds and needed a dam go sweep, I know decor can get tired but this was just pure neglect. would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Second level would be safer
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2018

I stayed here for a total of 5 nights for business. The rooms are fairly standard for a motor lodge as one would expect and are well priced. The rooms were very clean and tidy and we’re also serviced daily. Handy location to the supermarket and a fairly short walk into Takapuna itself. I found the proprietors to be very friendly and accommodating - the room fan was not working late one night, they had a new one on sight, it was assembled and delivered within half an hour. I would most definitely recommend the Takapuna International Motor Lodge and would stay again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

This place is like most motor lodges in that it has all the basic amenities. It’s close to the beach and just across the bridge from Auckland CBD making it the ideal base to stay in Auckland. It was clean, comfortable and I have no complaints at all. If I go to Auckland again I would stay there purely for the location and that I know it is. Clean and has all you need in a motor lodge.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 December 2017

If you are after a simple, comfortable and easy access to shops, beach and motor way than this is a great place to stay. I stayed here for about 4 days and really enjoyed it. The Motel has all the basic needs including oven and fridge, the rooms are always cleaned with new towels. You can walk to the super market and shopping centre within 5 - 10mins. Not a 5 star but it was great.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo