All reviews countdown supermarket shopping centre room was clean stayed here great location proprietor motel auckland
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

This place is like most motor lodges in that it has all the basic amenities. It’s close to the beach and just across the bridge from Auckland CBD making it the ideal base to stay in Auckland. It was clean, comfortable and I have no complaints at all. If I go to Auckland again I would stay there purely for the location and that I know it is. Clean and has all you need in a motor lodge.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 December 2017

If you are after a simple, comfortable and easy access to shops, beach and motor way than this is a great place to stay. I stayed here for about 4 days and really enjoyed it. The Motel has all the basic needs including oven and fridge, the rooms are always cleaned with new towels. You can walk to the super market and shopping centre within 5 - 10mins. Not a 5 star but it was great.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Stayed here on a recent trip, the room was clean, bed was comfortable and the price was good. Recommended for a short stay. There is a Countdown Supermarket just down the road if you need any food, the main centre of Takapuna is a short 5 minutes drive.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I stayed in the 'disabled unit' with my disabled daughter for one night. She is in a wheelchair. The unit has a wet area shower but no shower seat so it was unusable. The mirror was up so high I could hardly see myself in it...she definitely could not and the taps were impossible for her, and me, to turn on and off!

Room Tip: Disability unit not suitable for a disabled person.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed here when in North Shore for business and available accommodation was difficult to find. Very clean and tidy, everything easy to use and staff friendly and helpful. A lovely walk to French Rondevous for dinner and an easy walk to North Shore Hospital where I needed to be the next day. It's not flash but for the price represents very good value for money. If I needed to stay in Takapuna in a personal capacity I would come here again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business