“Nice option for Indian cuisine in Ladysmith ”

Spice Hut Indian Cuisine.
Ranked #5 of 48 Restaurants in Ladysmith
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Spice Hut is a Authentic Indian Cuisine.
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Family of 6 adults ate here for dinner in share style. All dishes were adapted to western culture, not overly spicy but very flavorful. One can request a spicer dish when ordering. Naan is delicious, and all the dishes come with a generous serving of sauce for cleaning up with naan. I was a little disappointed that the Vegatable Byrani was made with a frozen vegetable mix rather than fresh ingredients, as this area has an abundance of fresh, local produce. The butter chicken was made solely with chicken breasts. I prefer a mix of breasts and thighs. I had an in house made Chai that was absolutely delicious. Friendly, quick service.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We love all different types of food especially Indian and the food is very flavourable here but they use the microwave for many things it seems to be a reheat place! The prices are ridiculous I mean there should be at the very minimum rice with your meal it should not be an additional charge! The servers are very busy and it took quite a while to get served they do a good job just need more servers on.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

We had the Chana masala and beef vidooloo with naan and basamati rice. It was a lot of food for us, we made it last for a couple of meals. Food is fresh and not too spicy...both we had mild. If you like Indian food it was well worth it!

Reviewed 1 September 2018

My wife has been to this establishment several times, and this was my first visit as I am not a fond eater of Indian cuisine, but the meal was so tasty, very large portions, and were offered choices of degree of curry, and I chose the mildest, but next time will go with the medium strong. All food is prepared in a timely manner, the place is extremely clean and the waitress was very accommodating. It overlooks the highway but noise is not a factor, and there are tables outside as well. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a great meal

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Terrible service from the start. We were seated at a dirty table. Never got cutlery or napkins. Got dinner and waited another 5 minutes to get forks and paper napkins. Waitress would not come back to our table and hostess ended up taking care of us. Will go to Heritage House in Duncan from now on.