“Big portion and delish!”

Salt Shaker Deli and Inn
Ranked #5 of 48 Restaurants in Lunenburg
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Salt Shaker Deli and Inn, (rooms which were once known as the Spinnaker Inn are now part of the Salt Shaker Deli) is one of Lunenburg's most beloved destinations for local residents and visitors alike. Award winning dishes prepared with fresh local ingredients from the Deli makes staying upstairs in the cozy four room Inn an easy choice. Newly renovated rooms with breathtaking views of the historic Lunenburg harbour.
Reviewed 11 April 2018

We had to wait almost an hour to get in, but it was worth waiting. Everything was delicious. We had seafood chowder as a starter. It was a big bowl that we almost couldn't finish our main. The scallop pasta was the best!

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Saturday night: place is packed, people are lined up to get in. The first thing you notice is the smell.....warm tomato sauce, hint of garlic, steaming mussels=yum. It's cozy and hoppin'. Service is good, quick, and friendly, but not rushed. Stools at the bar are full, people are talking, laughing and are animated. The menu is terrific but, as usual, I couldn't eat it all. Pasta, homemade pizza, potato wedges, seafood and burgers. They have a wide range; choose from luncheon or dinner menu. Drinks are funky or run-of-the-mill. Then there are the desserts. I ordered chocolate cheesecake and a few forks. I was already stuffed so sharing was the only way I was getting through this meal. The restaurant was packed when we arrived and people were still coming in as we were leaving. The atmosphere let people relax and enjoy the experience. And what's better than good food and good company and lots of laughing. Thank you for the excellent service and delicious preparation. Did I mention the smell makes your mouth water?

Reviewed 29 March 2018

A recent visit to Lunenburg found us looking for a quick lunch. We stumbled on the Salt Shaker and were pleasantly surprised. We tried a Vietnamese Themed Pork Burger that was truly a taste treat. The potato wedges they served came with a delightful sriracha mayo that pleased as well. The wedges rate better than many comparable at much more expensive venues. Service was prompt, attentive and enthusiastic. Well done!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

have been here a few times, never disappointed, food is wonderful, small and quaint,, if you are lucky you get a window seat and over look the water.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

I have been to this restaurant for lunch often in the past few years. My last visit was a big disappointment and seems to indicate that their food quality is slipping. I think it is a familiar story for many restaurants--they attain success and great reviews, then they begin to rest on their laurels and slip. I ordered a beet salad and got an arugula salad with a few beets added to the greens. I complained to the waitress and she returned it to the chef who angrily threw a few extra beets on top as I watched. Cheese garlic bread did not seem fresh but I would guess came from a frozen package. Tourist restaurant in a tourist town does not have to try so hard anymore--they will still sell lots of lunches.

1  Thank Danip07