Rum Runner Inn(Lunenburg)(Great Value!)
US$157
  • Restaurant
Atlantic View Motel & Cottages(Lunenburg)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$171
  • Restaurant
Salt Shaker Deli & Inn(Lunenburg)(Great Value!)
US$144
Brigantine Inn(Lunenburg)(Great Value!)
US$131
Homeport Motel(Lunenburg)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$105
US$143
Lily Front Motel & Cottages(Lunenburg)(Great Value!)
US$113
  • Free Internet
Lennox Inn 1791(Lunenburg)(Great Value!)
US$122
All reviewsnova scotiaminute strollsteep stairsgreat sleepold housethird floorwithin walking distancedowntown lunenburgknot pubcontinental breakfastandreaaccommodationskeurighousekeeperharbourmattressesparlor
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

On the positive side- the innkeeper was very nice, it was not too expensive compared to some other B&Bs, and the room and whole inn was nicely decorated.
On the negative side - it is right across the street from a Burger King - the only fast food chain we saw in Lunenberg, so apparently every teenager in the area congregates there and screams drunkenly at each other until 3am. Closing the windows and turning the fan on for white noise did not help. We had read other reviews saying it was on a noisy road, but we live downtown in a big city so thought it would be no big deal. We were wrong. We would not stay here again. Maybe it would be ok in the winter when it's too cold for anyone to be outside screeching about who is or is not a 'ho'.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeanutButterKatie
Reviewed 19 September 2015

The property had a vintage charm, but unfortunately this charm did not carry over to the stay. Our room was on the first floor and most of the evening there was a screeching child in the hall. The breakfast was some grapes, bananas, and wrapped bars put in a basket left the day before. The power went out about 6:30 am and there was no one on site to let us know what was happening, and no calls or other info from the innkeeper. We left about 8:00 am with a note requesting a partial refund. There was still no one on site or word from the innkeeper by the time we left. She did call later and was most unpleasant in telling me that the noisy child and no electricity should not have affected our stay. She would not give us any consideration for the problems at her inn. Can not recommend this inn.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SKB926
Andrea E, Owner at Bluenose Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2016

I feel I need to respond to this review as it is leaving out some very key details. The "screaming child" this reviewer is referring to happened to be a child with special needs that is the grandchild of one of my staff members. The child was only in the building for a very short time and certainly not past 7pm, so noise was not an issue at bedtime.
As for the power outage, an entire 3 block grid was affected because a large truck hit a utility pole. This obviously was completely out of my control. It happened in the morning after the guest had already spent the night, used the shower and made use of the facilities. Unfortunately the Kuerig Coffee maker could not be used when the power was out. At check in time, I explain to all of my guests that I return to the building by 8:30-9:00am .They also know that I can always be reached by telephone. I was unaware of the power outage as my house was not affected. I was alerted to the power outage by another guest who did phone to let me know. (which I appreciated). I made some calls to find out what was going on and made my way to the property right away. I also want to point out that this is an Inn and not a B&B. The breakfast basket is %100 complimentary. We deliver it the night before so as not to disturb guests in the morning when they are sleeping. There are always two options per guest of baked goods such as muffins, cinnamon rolls or croissants. Plus two options of fresh fruit and other breakfast snacks. We always consider dietary restrictions and allergies when putting the baskets together. A selection of coffees and teas are also complimentary. I am saddened to hear these folks did not enjoy their stay, but we always do everything within our power to make people happy.

Reviewed 13 September 2015

The town of Lunenburg is a favourite on our trip to Maine from Halifax. We stayed in the bluenose Lodge before but this time it was a bit of a disappointment. The breakfast especialley was not what we expected. You just dont serve a meal in a basket left the day before in your room. Shame, the location and atmosphere are good.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the street side. The street can be noisy
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2015

Although it looks like a haunted house from the outside, the Bluenose Lodge is bright, clean, and well kept. Our room was spacious and the comfortable bed made for a good night's sleep. The Hostess was welcoming and overall the accommodations were what we had hoped for. The Bluenose Lodge is located a very short walk from the centre of town. One negative - we had expected a "full breakfast". The Breakfast Basket we received was somewhat under-whelming - a couple of croissants, some fruit and granola bars. Not even any butter for the croissants. Still, we would stay there again and feel comfortable recommending it as a nice place to stay when visiting Lunenburg.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dean A
Reviewed 7 September 2015

Andrea was a lovely host. The accommodation was true to period. A hot breakfast, with coffee and tea served would have been nice. Wireless internet was spotty. The location was good, however the street was very busy and loud.

Room Tip: The main house has nice rooms. The coach house was musty smelling. If street traffic is an issue for you, bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family