“Try the Haddock sandwich!!”
Review of The Savvy Sailor

The Savvy Sailor
Ranked #3 of 48 Restaurants in Lunenburg
Price range: US$3 - US$17
Cuisines: Seafood, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Savvy Sailor Cafe is licensed and has great selection of both traditional and fresh new breakfast and lunch fairs. Views overlooking the UNESCO town harbour.
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Ate lunch outside on the patio. Had the fresh haddock sandwich and it was probably the best fish sandwich I have ever eaten. The fish and bun were so fresh. Had it on my last day or I would have gone back the next day for lunch. It was that good! The carrot cake I had for dessert was too heavy and dense for me.

1  Thank Susan Z

Reviewed 22 June 2018

The Savvy Sailor is located overlooking the harbour side in the UNESCO World Heritage Lunenberg. It has a buzzy young feel about it and the service was excellent. it can very busy so try to get there early. The breakfast selection is very comprehensive but if you are looking for something local then try the salt cod fish cakes and baked beans made with molasses. The recipe I was told was handed down from generation to generation. It is very reasonable price wise and has a lot of atmosphere. It is just a few steps from the famous Bluenose II and close to the town which is well worth exploring on foot as it is a good example of a Nova Scotian colonial town. No hesitation at all in recommending this establishment.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

The Savvy Sailor is our # 1 choice for breakfast or lunch when we visit Lunenburg. This past Father's Day we headed over specifically for lunch and sat on the deck overlooking the harbour on a clear sunshine-filled day. My husband had the chicken cranberry panini and I the scallop casserole special. So good! So many scallops!

The staff are always fast, friendly, and efficient. The coffee is excellent.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Savvy Sailor is in a great location, walking distance to our hotel and local shops. The staff were greatand the food was above average.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I enjoyed my lunch at the Savvy Sailor quite a lot. I had the special of the day, a Caesar Salad with Garlic Butter Shrimp on the side. It tasted really great! It was a nice light lunch, perfect for the carb-avoiding kind of chap that I am. The price seemed a bit steep for the food I was given, but the taste offset this a lot. I was pleased with the views and enjoyed the service of the staff. I recommend this place!