1,416 results
All reviews the indoor outdoor pool italian restaurant hot tub paignton house dog sledding bedroom suite the cottages jw marriott the rosseau lobby bar full kitchen sofa bed beautiful property gas fireplace off season steam room lake view get away
Reviewed 15 July 2017

First time guest. Impressed with many fantastic amenities, however, two show stoppers for our family. Cancelled an upcoming second stay.

When travelling on family vacations, I plan for the family to eat all meals in a restaurant. Over the course of our three night stay we waited countless hours for a server to arrive at our table, for our food to arrive (often a different times - meaning half the family left the restaurant before the other half received their food), and always finished the breakfast buffet before our drinks arrived.

One afternoon my son was out on a paddle board. He fell and cut his leg open on a paddle board. No onsite staff with any real knowledge of first aid. Spent 7 hours getting stiches at the hospital. Accidents happen, however, the staff noted this exact incident happened the year before. Parents please check the end of the paddle board for nodules that stick up where something like a bungie cord may have been attached in the past. The hotel did not follow up with us to see how my son was doing. I emailed the hotel to explain the incident and request they follow up to ensure this didn't happen to another family.

The hotel has yet to respond.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank caracos2017
Lauren M, Communications and Marketing Specialist at JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

caracos2017, thank you for your review. I am very pleased to hear that you found the resort amenities impressive during your stay. The indoor outdoor pool, 24/7 gym, full service spa and on site recreation really do provide a lot of options for guests looking to enjoy simple luxuries while surrounded by nature in Muskoka. I am sorry to learn of the wait times you experienced during the busy summer crowds and can understand the frustration this may have caused. Regarding your son’s injury, I want to assure you that all team members take our guests’ safety very seriously and therefore all waterfront and pool staff are required to be certified with National Lifeguard Service (NLS), Standard First Aid with CPR ‘C and AED. Protective Services team members are certified with Standard First Aid with CPR’ C and AED. Several associates in each department are certified with Emergency First Aid with CPR’ B. We have even acquired a third AED machine at the resort this spring to ensure a faster response time during a first aid situation. All of the above credentials allow our team members to provide basic first aid care during an emergency situation, and the option for contacting a doctor, EMS or Telehealth is always provided. Based on our incident report records, basic first aid was provided to your son upon report of his injury and a follow up assessment was completed during breakfast the next morning. I have followed up with our Leadership team and I know that we have been in touch directly to discuss the specifics of your stay. All Stand Up Paddle boards were inspected to ensure they are safe for continued use by our guests. I hope your son’s knee feels better soon!

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Seems like they are all summer student jobs. Good attitude but no training per se in the hospitality industry. Walls are paper thin, one kitchen services three dining areas, so expect long waits and "at your service" will pick up eventually if you are very patient.

We stayed in a one bedroom suite which has a very well appointed kitchen.
The lack of enough staff makes them miss their mark as a JW Marriott brand.

3  Thank golfer52Toronto
Lauren M, Communications and Marketing Specialist at JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

golfer52Toronto, thank you for your review. I am sorry to read about your recent resort experience as this does not sound like the experience we aim to offer. Many of our associates are seasoned hospitality experts, and the students are often part of hospitality programs. I hope you will consider contacting a member of our leadership team to discuss the specifics of your stay in detail. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I'm actually typing this from the lobby before I check out. We've been here 3 days for a family wedding and it's a lovely destination. The property is huge and has mostly been kept wild and also has a nature preserve. As a naturalist, this is appealing. I noted a lot of the planted gardens include pollinator plants and native species, another plus.
Check in very fast.
Service has been impeccable in every aspect.
Room spacious, current, clean. Wi fi is good. Interior is a mix of modern decor with a true "Muskoka" feel with wooden furniture, carvings, book shelves .

Lots of activities for all ages though we only used paddle boards for an hour.

The wedding was great outside and the dinner and reception was super. We really liked the chicken with balsamic cream.
The DJ was bloody hilarious....he kept putting on different costumes which somehow he would do without anyone noticing.

I would definitely return.
I have a few minor quibbles one of which is; I think complementary coffee or tea should be the standard. The cost to stay here reflects a high standard and even motel 6 offers a rough brew for their guests.
Secondly, the pricing at the bar seems out of line with industry standards, and almost seems like a gouge. 10 or 11 dollars for a pint of beer or mixed drink? Thank god I don't drink. Ready made sandwiches at their market are 10 dollars, which is highway robbery.
I'm not too happy with the price gouging at every corner but I was able to avoid it thankfully.

1  Thank Ell M
Lauren M, Communications and Marketing Specialist at JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Ell M, thank you for sharing your recent wedding guest experience. Many wedding guests such as yourself look forward to their stay at the resort because it is a destination where they can relax and unwind. I am so glad you enjoyed the luxurious amenities surrounded by undisturbed wilderness. I love how you can often find turtles, deer and wild turkeys wandering the grounds. It sounded like you had a good time at the wedding outdoors with scenic views of Lake Rosseau, intuitive service and delicious balsamic chicken. Thank you for your feedback regarding coffee and food pricing, I will be sure to share with the Food and Beverage team. Please note that all guest rooms come with packaged coffee and a kitchenette so if you are looking to maintain a budget you can always prepare meals in your room. I hope your positive guest experience will encourage you to return again soon for more fun on the water!

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Recently spent a couple of days here, grounds and views very nice. Disappointed with my room, kitchen door missing knob, dishwasher would not close and water in toilet kept running. Also, not the cleanest sofas. For the money you spend per night, totally disappointed.

1  Thank Storyteller582866
Lauren M, Communications and Marketing Specialist at JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback based on your recent visit to the resort. The views are indeed spectacular and the grounds are beautiful, designed to look natural and in keeping with indigenous plant life. I am sorry to hear that the condition of your guest room was not up to our usual standards and hope that you were able to communicate your observations to our Engineering team during your stay so that they could address any issues. Thanks again for your comments and I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

My husband and I stayed at the J.W. Marriott Muskoka July 1-3. This was our second stay in the last year and the second time was just as lovely as the first. The resort is situated on beautiful Lake Rosseau with picturesque views. We found all the staff to be very helpful and courteous. The rooms are very comfortable - good size bedroom, with comfortable beds and large bathroom. The rooms also have a kitchenette which includes a sink, small cooktop, bar fridge, microwave, blender and pots, pans, utensils, etc. Since we were aware of this our second visit, we brought up some food to eat while we were there, as the food on the resort is quite pricey and nothing else much in the area. We did have breakfast and dinner at the resort restaurants and they were very good. Our room was a lake view king room, (we were got a free upgrade as we are loyalty members), located in the Paignton House, which is about a 5 minute walk (down stairs) from the main hotel, but is closer to the lake. There is lots to do for adults and kids alike - kayaking, canoeing, stand-up paddleboard, peddle boats and bikes rentals are included in daily resort fee. There are also boats and seadoos available to rent and a new zip-line as well. They have daily organized activities (some for free). They have a beautiful patio with outdoor sectionals and gas firepits as well as wood burning firepits on "Fish Rock" with plenty of Muskoka chairs to relax in. S'more kits can be purchased from the front desk for $10 which includes a bag of marshmallows, 2 large Aero chocolate bars and 2 bags of graham crackers - we did end up purchasing this, but next time, I will just bring my own. (Special thanks to Port Carling Foodland for the free individual s'more kits on Canada Day!) There is a small beach area with lounge chairs and a few pools to choose from. Would have been nice if they had a few more lounge chairs and umbrellas at the pools as it was sometimes difficult to find a spot. Although we did not use it, they have a shuttle available that can bring you around the resort, as there are A LOT of stairs, especially between the main hotel and the beach area. We had a wonderfully relaxing stay and cannot wait to return!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Jen B, thank you for sharing your 150th Canada Day weekend experience. I am overjoyed to hear you describe your weekend as a "weekend in paradise". The Canada Day weekend was so much fun! I am so glad that you were able to enjoy the complimentary s'mores pit prior to the aerialist and fireworks show. You could certainly feel the Canadian spirit that weekend with many guests wearing colours of red and white proudly. I am also glad you were able to enjoy the resort activities such as canoeing, kayaking and stand up paddle boarding because it adds so many more memories to the Muskoka resort experience. I will be sure to share your feedback regarding more pool umbrellas with the resort team. I hope you will be joining us again soon for another weekend in paradise!