All reviewsski lockersfull kitchenpedestrian villagewasher dryerhot tubmain gondolaliving roomski schoolunderground parkingcondo hotelplay roomgas fireplaceslope sidewe stayed in a two bedroomfirst tracksrental shopgeneral store
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Just returned from 3 nights at this awesome hotel. Great location, close to everything and all staff were friendly and helpful. Our suite was perfectly equipped and clean with lots of room. Would return!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Nathalie J, Responsable des relations clients at Sommet des Neiges, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear MBXX.

Thank you kindly for your feedback. We are so glad to read that you enjoyed le Sommet des Neiges .Hope to see you soon!

Sincerely

Nathalie Juster

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Rooms
Stayed in a one-bedroom suite facing the base of the mountain with views of the gondola and luge. The room was very spacious and included a (small) full kitchen with dishwasher, bathroom (separate shower stall and bathtub), balcony, fireplace, sofabed and separate bedroom with king bed. Also included washer/dryer. Areas for room improvement could be the overall decor of the room (it was very worn out, tired and old looking, especially the bathroom) and the rooms could benefit from a complete renovation to a more modern feel. TVs were very small (30 inch?) and should be larger.

Food/Restaurants/Room Service
Non-existent in the hotel but plenty of options a short walk away. Since there is so much extra space in the lobby/main floor a restaurant with breakfast for guests would be a nice touch (many of the neighboring hotels have this).

Pool & Fitness Area
Outdoor pool with lounge area was nice but only open until 6PM, yet the hot tub was open later. This was very inconvenient as the first night we visited the pool area right at 6PM and could not use the pool. The small hot tub had about 20 people in it and was jam packed where the pool area was completely empty because the gate was locked. This baffled myself and various other guests (either open everything or close everything). Fitness area was ok but was a bit dated and could use some new equipment. Guests having to walk through the fitness room to get to the pool area was also not a great design.

Kids Play Rooms
There are two play rooms - one for kids (under about 6) with a variety of toys which was great for our toddler to run around and be entertained. The other play room was for teens and included a pool table, other table games and very old arcade game. The teen room could be updated with newer games, equipment and perhaps some video games and a playstation.

Common Areas
The hotel has a large lobby with plenty of sitting and lounging areas including a library. Outside is a common barbeque guests can use and patio to eat on. The resort has a large area for ski lockers which has an exit right at the base of the mountain. This would be very convenient for skiing and storing equipment but also serves as a shortcut in and out of the hotel (enters at the P level).

Parking - Was $17/day underground and very convenient. The free option is to park at the base of the mountain but its a very long walk and not feasible unless you're rarely going to and from your vehicle.

Conclusion
I would rate this hotel a solid 3.5 as although I was quite content with my stay and experience, there are so many areas that need improvement/renovation. My primary concern was the theme of everything appearing dated and old looking and generally tired (especially the rooms and pool/fitness area). The prime location of this property at the base of the mountain, size of common areas, rooms and amenities do however, make the property appealing to stay at an if offered at the right price I would probably stay again. Unlimited gondola access for the duration of our stay was an added bonus.

Stayed: June 2018
Nathalie J, Responsable des relations clients at Sommet des Neiges, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear jjillis

Thank you very much for taken the time to share your experience with us. I m glad to read you enjoyed your family trip with us.

Sincerely
Nathalie J

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I booked a non-refundable special shoulder season rate of $350 Canadian (taxes included) a night for a two-bedroom apartment and was happy with the value. As others have noted, this hotel is getting a bit tired, and could do with a refresh of the carpets in the corridors as well as the rooms, which scream "we're from the 1980s". The air conditioning wasn't working well: in my wife's bedroom it was set at 20 C and the fan could only be operated at full tilt. Luckily she could turn it off. The air conditiining in my room and the living room couldn't be turned off at all. A technician came round very quickly after we called downstairs to complain but he couldn't really do very much. Our suite faced out over the gondola but we weren't bothered much by the noise of the machinery, since it only operates from 9 am to 5 pm. Overall I slept well, which is my main test for a hotel.

Potential guests should be aware that unlike most hotels in the resort area of Mont Tremblant, you can actually park outside the Suites for a most reasonable $15 Canadian a day. No one told us beforehand about this service which would have saved us some hassle.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the mountains would be good
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2018

Our family of two adults and two teens stayed here in late March, 2018. It was almost perfect! The good:

We got lucky with an excellent unit which overlooked the base of the gondola, so when I wasn’t skiing but the kids were, I could watch them come down each time. It was spacious with a very comfortable king bed for us and another bedroom with two queens, one for each kid. They had their own bathroom, too. The washer and dryer was very nice to have with all of the ski clothes we needed to periodically wash. The game room was fun with a pool table and other teens to meet. The location really can NOT be beat if you are skiing.

The not-so-great: The kitchen is really tiny and the stove is terrible! It is a real challenge to prepare anything beyond cereal and milk, or something microwaveable. The fridge was a good size, but don’t plan to really cook anything. Also, the lighting in the bathrooms was very dim. Impossible for ladies to put on make up in there, so bring a mirror with you and find a place with natural light, because you can’t see very well in the bathrooms. (It did have a nice big tub which I loved!). One more problem we encountered was halfway through our stay one elevator (there are only two!) went down. It was down for 3 days which really backed things up often. One guest I chatted with told me that when he arrived BOTH elevators happened to be down so they had to haul all their stuff up the stairs.

The pool was closed as we were there in the winter, so I can’t comment on that. The hot tub was open but was small and always packed so we never used it. Ski lockers were convenient, as was parking (which cost $15 per day) and this location really can’t be beat.

In short, I would absolutely stay here again, but I’d bring my own portable mirror and not plan on cooking anything.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Booked a 2 bedroom suite which was great, although a tad disappointed in our view seeing as it was off season, the hotel was not busy and we booked it about a year ago! I suppose we could have said something but we had unpacked and settled in so didn’t bother. We had a view of the snow cat and skidoo park and they went off at 6.30 every morning!! The laundry facilities were great and the self catering kitchen was well equipped. It’s a little dated decor wise but it’s clean and comfortable. Check out procedure was painful however as the lady behind the desk didn’t know what she was doing as it was her first day back after six months off. Not her fault, but a definite need for more training for her and supervision. The manager came out at one point and could see that she was struggling but then left and went on her tea break. It took about 40 minutes to sort out unfortunately. Again, it was not the fault of the lady herself, she should have had support. We think that it would be an amazing place to stay in high season as you can ski from the front door but it would be incredibly busy. All in all we would recommend.

Stayed: May 2018