All reviewspool tablebeautiful chaletthe cottageshot tubthe kitchenlog homeshuge grouplong weekendgarbage bagswi fiwe've stayedthis past weekendmarch breakcabintennisbedroomsnow
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Had an unpleasant stay with family and friends for 2 nights. Paid $850 / night, and stayed in a dirty and messy cottage.

Tried contacting the management via phone, I was advised to use email, so I emailed. Gave them a month to respond. They have not shown decency to even offer a fake apology. So I think it's just fair to share few examples of why we had an unpleasant stay:

1- The dishwasher was old and in a terrible shape. It barely washed any dishes and every plate or cup smelled terrible. We opted to use disposable utensils and plates the second day of our stay.

2- The furniture in the basement had a smell of urine. We had to cover the furniture to sit on them when we had to.

3- It was rainy the whole time we stayed there, so our activities were mostly limited to indoors. There was no WIFI. We did contact the reception and we were told it's being looked at and will be fixed. But it didn't get fixed. The Chalet had no cell reception either, so we couldn't even use our phone or cell internet.

4- The bedroom in the basement was built with no noise insulation. Every flush of the toilet, shower, and any water going through any sink made lot of noise in that bedroom (especially the toilet flush). This resulted in sleep deprivation for people sleeping in that room.

5- The bathroom in the basement did not have a mirror. Yes, it is kind of important to have a mirror in the bathroom.
The coffee machine was not working so I had to make coffee runs every morning.

6- The stay was definitely overpriced for the experience it offered and I really feel ripped off.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank salimtab
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Nice and big place. We had a good time me and my friends.. except for:
1. There was no water pressure in one of the shower bathroom.
2. In order to take the garbage in the proper designate place we had to walk about 200 meters across a busy traffic road.
3 .kathleen longpré the owner kept my 400$ deposit even though before leaving we left the place clean and in good condition. She claim a kayak broken paddle and paid for extra cleaning.. which she never show proof of that, By the way She cashed my deposit check before she notifying me of the problem.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lily Y
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Great locations close to the hill and all amenities.Would have really exceeded our wildest dreams if the buildings had been supplied by 1867 confederation log homes in Bobcaygeon Ontario..they are considered the best log homes in the world..!!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I left a shirt there and I called when I got home and realized 2 hours after checking out. They said they would go look for it. I told them exactly where I had left it and asked them to call me back to let me know when they found it. After a few hours without a call back I called them but no answer so I left a message. Never got a call back. Next day I call them again finally spoke to someone who said someone from my party came to pick up a wallet and a shirt that was forgotten.Turns out it wasn't my shirt! Now it's probably lost for good. Very poor customer service. Not impressed. Giving it a 3 star cus the chalet was nice still.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Olivier G
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Here is a copy and paste of the email I sent to them after my stay and it's two weeks later and they never replied:

I just wanted to express some opinions/comments that were shared during our stay at Blueberry Lake this past weekend.
• The cottage itself, very clean, nicely maintained. The A/C did stop working at one point but Leo came and fixed the issue. He was very nice to us!
• We didn’t feel the kitchen was fully equipped for a cottage that sleeps 16/17 persons. Lacking cutlery, larger pots, actually there was only one pot.
• We stayed for 3 nights and were given 5 garbage bags!! My aunt who came up the second day brought some from home.
• The bbq’s need to be changed. Especially one of them – the rack is rusted. How can you feel comfortable placing meat/fish on that? And one of the propane tanks was empty.
• Benches on the outdoor patio were falling apart and/or broken and a hazard for our young kids.
• Some sections of the railings outside need to be adjusted/fixed down properly. Very dangerous and wobbly.
• You advertise the lake as a “lake”. Very disappointed in the lake, more like a pond. Water was barely moving and had a “film” on it.
• Finally: the pool. Leo and his employee told us that they don’t maintain the pool and gave me the number of the person that did. I texted Sebastian because the pool was not swimmable - you could not see the bottom of the pool, nor the first step. It was gross and totally not swimmable. The pool was screaming “enter at your own risk…risk of ear infection if you come inside…” (or another infection!!!). So I texted Sebastian and he replied that the filtration system is broken and has been ordered “en urgence”.
• Why advertise that there’s a pool in your amenities when it doesn’t work. I read some reviews online and a lot of people are complaining about the same issue. In fact, Leo confirmed that the pool rarely works. We were very disappointed on this point. Our kids were very much looking forward to using the pool.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family