All reviews room was clean road trip econo lodge fridge and microwave stay there again long drive canada
Reviewed 15 June 2018

We stopped here for one night on our way to Quebec from Nova Scotia. There are only a few accommodations in the area. We had a friendly reception from Christina, who was exceptionally helpful. She offered to show us a room and we were happy with it. It was accessible from the outside. It had two beds, a small table and chair set, fridge and microwave, which is what we wanted. It was clean and the beds were comfortable, sheets and pillows excellent. When Christina realized we were going to get something and bring it back to the room she offered us real cutlery and other items and we very much appreciated that. The hotel was pretty quiet even though it was right off the highway. A decent breakfast was included. The other reviews seem to be few and far between with the most recent review was for a stay 7 months ago.Christina amazingly helpful. Decent breakfast in a large and bright room. The motel/hotel is right off the highway. Seems to be three stories, one a partial basement level. There is a pool but it was not operational as yet. The units are dated and a/c was a bit noisy. WIFI did not work well in the room and was better if we went outside. This is a good budget hotel that could use a bit updating and better WIFI - the latter was very important to us as we had important matters that required emailing back and forth. It was cool outside so inconvenient to be going in and out. I had just stayed in a $500/night suite in Halifax and dollar for dollar we had a good experience here.

Room Tip: There various levels and different type rooms s ask for options
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cayman J
Joe S, Owner at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Hello there!

I am glad to hear that your most recent stay with us was seemingly a positive one overall, however I would like to send forth my apologies for the dated room, loud air conditioning and unsatisfactory WIFI.
The dated rooms are something that I have been working to update, as I have recently taken over ownership of this hotel (within the past month).
To go along with that, I have replaced the majority of the air conditioners in the rooms since becoming the new owner, so when you choose to stay with us again, your air conditioner should be less noisy!
I appreciate you mentioning poor WIFI, as that is something I was unaware of, and I will work to resolve that issue.

You are a valued customer and we greatly appreciate all feedback we receive, as this allows us to improve our hotel for our guests pleasure and comfortability.
Please do not hesitate to contact me either by phone at (506)-328-8876, or by email at cbviwoodstock@yahoo.com if you have any further questions, comments or concerns.

All the best.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

As a seasoned traveler, I have stayed in my share of hotels and motels over the years. None of which compare to this little slice of hell.

If you have ever seen the movie “The Money Pit” (with Tom Hanks & Shelly Long), this will feel fairly familiar. The difference is, in real life it’s not funny.

Where to begin? The smell in the room was a competition between mold and cigarette smoke (with no clear winner!). While the hallway was hotter than the hubs of hell, the room was colder than...Canada!

The pool... wow, don’t go in the pool! I can’t say what I seen floating in it but I can say what it looked like... maybe a chocolate bar, maybe not... I wouldn’t chance it!

There was a middle aged woman hanging around like a bad smell, making everyone from the staff to the guests feel uncomfortable. She smelled strong of curry and strutted about like the queen of Sheba. She gave the impression that she owned the place but I highly doubt it, most likely a manager.

If you ever end up here for some unfortunate reason, treat it like Mexico, don’t drink the water and be careful what you touch!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Joe S, Owner at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Hello there,

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us here at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites was less than satisfactory. I first and foremost want to say that I have recently taken over ownership of this hotel, and by your description it seems that the previous owner was still the owner when you last stayed with us. However, I would like to send forward my apologies on your negative experience.
Though I have only recently taken ownership of the hotel (within the last month), I would like to say that we have been working hard to improve the hotel, so at to ensure our guests have a more positive stay - especially travellers such as yourself, who need a nice, clean place to rest for a night.

The smell you are describing is something we have been working hard to remove. Previously, guests were permitted to smoke in most of the rooms, thus creating the cigarette smell. However, we have since by replaced or simply removed most of our carpeting (though our hallways and staircase are still pending replacement).

As well, we have replaced over half of the air conditioners in our rooms, and have also added air conditioners in the hallways! We understand that air conditioning is an essential to survive our east coast heat waves!

As for the pool, I cannot speak to what may have been floating in it during your last stay, though I would like to mention that we do a regular check of the pool and surrounding area to ensure our guests are swimming in a safe and clean pool - and close our pool if we deem it unsatisfactory in either of those areas until the issue is resolved.

Our drinking water here is treated with a softener and I can assure you it is perfectly safe to drink! We do however, have bottled water, along with a water jug in our lobby if you find the water is unsatisfactory!

Lastly, I would like to send forth my thanks to you for bringing up your concerns. I do hope that this negative experience will not deter you from our business forever. If you have any further comments, questions or concerns, please feel free to give us a call at (506)-328-8876, or email us at cbviwoodstock@yahoo.com

Reviewed 25 November 2017

My wife and I checked into this hotel at 10pm after driving from Montreal. We didn't have a reservation and just wanted to get off the highway for awhile before continuing on to Moncton the next day. The first thing I noticed after being checked in by a very friendly receptionist was the chair lift that could take an elderly person or someone with mobility problems to the upper floor. The room was large with a double bed and had an adjacent room with a sofa, desk, microwave, tv and small refrigerator so the door could be closed to allow one to sleep while the other could relax and make some calls if need be or just watch tv.. A full breakfast is provided including bagels, yogurt, cereal, eggs and sausages etc. Located a minute off the highway at exit 188. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2017

I'd recommend for everyone!!! The room was cleaned and also it includes microwave and refrigerator. It's super near to the US border. And I got everything I need it for a confortable stay. It's a good price too.

Room Tip: I will be back on Summer, because there is a big pool.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Excellent hotel of this class...Old property but newly renovated and kept extremely clean. Front desk staff is very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast area is spacious and one of the best Breakfast in Woodstock I have experienced. This stay was during several events in town and they handled groups well. Parking space is huge and very convenient.we forgot something and it was almost night but still they even went out of the way and get it for us. I'll be back to this place and highly recommend to others when in the area.

Room Tip: I found all rooms in Hotel are good