“More or less satisfied”

Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites Woodstock
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed 11 August 2017

The service was gut. Despite the highway close by it was not too noisy! Negative point: the bathroom needs renovating! More enthusiasm from the staff during breakfast could make the stay more enjoyable!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 8 August 2017

After traveling 12 hours, we stopped at the first place we found just off the interstate. We traveled from US and hadn't exchanged currency yet. The clerk said no exchange for cash - making the room 25% higher. our room was ok, except for one battery in the TV remote required two, the AC set on igloo (no kidding) and we couldn't change it. no coffee maker, the smoke alarm went off from the steam from the shower (no exhaust fan), nobody stopped to make sure the room wasn't actually on fire. When that finally stopped I started to dry my hair with the dryer provided and the power went out in our room.... we left in the dark.
The dining room had several large windows that were covered in spider webs AND varying sizes of SPIDERS, thousands of them! I've never seen anything like it; at a restaurant! Otherwise the food was better than we thought it would be, we weren't expecting much. I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Arachnophobes should run from this place! Spiders EVERYWHERE
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Will not be back to this place very dirty and the food is gross it should be close down the only thing nice is the pool bones found in our club housee sandwich the window are full of spider and webs dirty towels and liquor bottles found in our room hair in the tub discussing

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2017

.Convenient, right off the highway.
It is in need of an update or at least some basic maintenance.

Check-in was quick and efficient.
The carpet in the hallway was improperly put down as it was loose and allowed for bunching up.
The room is outdated, dingy and smelled.. Looking out the window I had a view of the pool and realize it has not been cleaned in a very long time.
The room windows were dirty (all outside) with dirt, dead insects and cobwebs. Everything I could see had been neglected for years. No longer just a paint job but a major rework
The room door closed okay but the deadbolt would not function - the door safet latch did work.
The AC worked very well but is noisy. I left it on while I went out for something to eat so the room would get aired out..
Breakfast: Hard boiled eggs, cold cereal, begals, yogurt and weak coffee

My opinion is to only stay here when you have no other choice

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

I'd booked 2 rooms with them earlier in July for the end of the month. I ended up finding a better deal and cancelled the 2 rooms with them the same day I made the booking. I had asked for a cancellation number and the man I spoke with said I did not need one because I cancelled it the same day I booked. Apparently he didn't cancel it in their books because I looked at my Visa statement today to find out I was charged $150 for those 2 rooms. I called to ask why I was charged after cancelling and the lady said they had not been cancelled and considered a no show. She tells me I need a cancellation number... I explained to her that they did not provide me with one after I asked for it. She said there was nothing she could do and is still charging me the $150. What a great way to end an awesome two weeks vacation out east. I would not recommend booking with them to anyone.

Stayed: August 2017
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
0.1 km away
Ivey's Motor Lodge
#1 of 3 in Houlton
12.2 km away
John Gyles Music Room & Inn

Been to Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites Woodstock? Share your experiences!