All reviewspool tablewater pressureolder propertyvisiting familythe staff was friendly and helpfulroom was small but cleanlong days driveoff the highwaygreat stopnight staycape bretonnew brunswickgreat priceframemicrowavestopoverottawa
Reviewed 28 February 2017

I used to stay here on business 20 and 30 years ago when it was known as the Panorama. Had choice of old, smelly room, or new room with chlorine smell from the pool. This time we were in the old drive-up section and I was pleased to see that the room was totally renovated. New steel door, new carpeting, new lighting, all new bathroom including tub surround and wall-mounted flat screen TV. Microwave, bar fridge, coffee service and ironing board. Comfortable bed and spacious room. Guest laundry in another building. Very nice. Practically no smell. The concrete walkways, however, are a bit heaved and it was not convenient for my wife's wheelchair. Included continental breakfast had automatic pancake maker, bagels, toast, cereal, coffee and juice. Bonus -- nice view out the window. Price for a king was $96 which is about average.

Room Tip: There are drive-up rooms. If you want to use the pool there are rooms in the pool building.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Andy K, General Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Woodstock NB, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Thank you for submitting your feedback from your experience with this site many years ago, to your most recent stay with what is now known as the Howard Johnson.

We appreciate that you have certainly acknowledged the great many upgrades that have been completed at our location here in Woodstock NB.

We do have rooms that are more directly accessible. This may offer more convenience to you and your wife. During your next stay with us you may request one of these rooms at our front desk. You are more than welcome to view a room before you check in to ensure it will meet your needs.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

The hotel is very old, outdated and tired BUT it was unbelievably clean in the lobby, pool, breakfast room and my hotel room. The front desk staff were excellent. Given what I paid for the room, I received good value. Excellent location if you are travelling. It sits where Interstate 95 connects with the Transcanada Highway.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Andy K, General Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Woodstock NB, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

We are ideally located and take great pride in the cleanliness of all the areas at our location. Our property is an older location that is consistently having upgrades completed.
Thank you for your review of our Woodstock, New Brunswick location.

Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

Great overnight stay enroute from Halifax to kennebunkport Maine. King bed was really comfortable, large room and we had a great night sleep. Nice to park right outside the room.
They suggested the Irvings truck stop for dinner down the road, good meal! Breakfast was all you need. Overall great value for $$ in a good way!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Andy K, General Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Woodstock NB, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

We are pleased to receive the feedback on your recent stay with us in Woodstock NB. Its always great to hear our guest’s satisfaction with their rooms and the amenities that are offered.
We look forward to seeing you the next time that you travel.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

I had been driving all day and I was exhausted. After a bit of bad luck finding a place I was glad to find they still had rooms. I got a room with a king bed and it was such a comfortable sleep that I was dreaming I was floating in water. The staff was very friendly and helpful when I was having trouble with my key card and the room was very clean. I don't think I've seen a cleaner bathroom in any place I've stayed at.

If I were to say one thing bad about this place, it's that I didn't like how the regular coffee was under the tea and decaf and when I tried to make a cup, the coffee maker wouldn't quite work right, but there was amazing coffee at the continental breakfast anyway, so it's not like I needed to use the coffee maker anyway.

Room Tip: Make sure to make it to the breakfast if you need coffee. It might just be my room that had a bad coffee maker, but the coffee they serve for breakfast is better anyway.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Andy K, General Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Woodstock NB, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

From our Front Desk staff to our Housekeeping staff we would like to thank you for such a wonderful review of your recent stay at our location.
We are glad that you were able to have your coffee before you left to start the day.
If during your next stay you have any issue with the coffee maker, please feel free to contact our Front Desk.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We stayed here one night on our travel between Ontario and Nova Scotia. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, the location was quiet, and the breakfast was better than average. Also, the management was very accommodating in arranging adjoining rooms for our family. All-in-all, a very restful stop on our trip.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Andy K, General Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Woodstock NB, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

It was our pleasure to be able to meet your needs during your stay. Perhaps during your next visit you will have the opportunity to enjoy our indoor pool or sauna.