“Good place to stay if you're not looking for fancy rooms...”

Howard Johnson Inn Woodstock NB
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed 28 May 2017

Good place to stay if you're not looking for fancy rooms are always clean but in need of repair .. is old and looks old .. indoor pool is nice.. that and the price as well as available smoking rooms is why we choose this hotel

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Andy K, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Woodstock NB, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

In order to to meet the needs of our guests we do offer a variety of rooms such as the smoking rooms. Although renovations and maintenance are ongoing, we are still an older property. However we are fairly priced clean rooms and offer a free Continental Breakfast as well as a heated indoor pool.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

I used to stay here on business 20 and 30 years ago when it was known as the Panorama. Had choice of old, smelly room, or new room with chlorine smell from the pool. This time we were in the old drive-up section and I was pleased to see that the room was totally renovated. New steel door, new carpeting, new lighting, all new bathroom including tub surround and wall-mounted flat screen TV. Microwave, bar fridge, coffee service and ironing board. Comfortable bed and spacious room. Guest laundry in another building. Very nice. Practically no smell. The concrete walkways, however, are a bit heaved and it was not convenient for my wife's wheelchair. Included continental breakfast had automatic pancake maker, bagels, toast, cereal, coffee and juice. Bonus -- nice view out the window. Price for a king was $96 which is about average.

Room Tip: There are drive-up rooms. If you want to use the pool there are rooms in the pool building.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Andy K, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Woodstock NB, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Thank you for submitting your feedback from your experience with this site many years ago, to your most recent stay with what is now known as the Howard Johnson.

We appreciate that you have certainly acknowledged the great many upgrades that have been completed at our location here in Woodstock NB.

We do have rooms that are more directly accessible. This may offer more convenience to you and your wife. During your next stay with us you may request one of these rooms at our front desk. You are more than welcome to view a room before you check in to ensure it will meet your needs.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

The hotel is very old, outdated and tired BUT it was unbelievably clean in the lobby, pool, breakfast room and my hotel room. The front desk staff were excellent. Given what I paid for the room, I received good value. Excellent location if you are travelling. It sits where Interstate 95 connects with the Transcanada Highway.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Andy K, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Woodstock NB, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

We are ideally located and take great pride in the cleanliness of all the areas at our location. Our property is an older location that is consistently having upgrades completed.
Thank you for your review of our Woodstock, New Brunswick location.

Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

Great overnight stay enroute from Halifax to kennebunkport Maine. King bed was really comfortable, large room and we had a great night sleep. Nice to park right outside the room.
They suggested the Irvings truck stop for dinner down the road, good meal! Breakfast was all you need. Overall great value for $$ in a good way!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Andy K, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Woodstock NB, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

We are pleased to receive the feedback on your recent stay with us in Woodstock NB. Its always great to hear our guest’s satisfaction with their rooms and the amenities that are offered.
We look forward to seeing you the next time that you travel.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

I had been driving all day and I was exhausted. After a bit of bad luck finding a place I was glad to find they still had rooms. I got a room with a king bed and it was such a comfortable sleep that I was dreaming I was floating in water. The staff was very friendly and helpful when I was having trouble with my key card and the room was very clean. I don't think I've seen a cleaner bathroom in any place I've stayed at.

If I were to say one thing bad about this place, it's that I didn't like how the regular coffee was under the tea and decaf and when I tried to make a cup, the coffee maker wouldn't quite work right, but there was amazing coffee at the continental breakfast anyway, so it's not like I needed to use the coffee maker anyway.

Room Tip: Make sure to make it to the breakfast if you need coffee. It might just be my room that had a bad co...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Andy K, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Woodstock NB, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

From our Front Desk staff to our Housekeeping staff we would like to thank you for such a wonderful review of your recent stay at our location.
We are glad that you were able to have your coffee before you left to start the day.
If during your next stay you have any issue with the coffee maker, please feel free to contact our Front Desk.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
0.1 km away
Stiles Motel
#3 of 4 in Woodstock
12.1 km away
John Gyles Music Room & Inn

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Woodstock NB? Share your experiences!