All reviews small business his wife pleasant stay new brunswick cj retro gentleman hosts linens
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Dirty, smelly, paint peeling. etc. Not cheap for what we got.
Was worried I'd catch something. I don't think that one room is better than another, the whole place should be condemned. Horrible odor of musty mold and mildew, the covers for the bed should be burned.

Room tip: find somewhere else.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2018

My wife and I stayed at the Styles Motel on July 19, 2018. I recall the date easily as it was my 75th birthday. We had room number 18. This is what I would call a vintage motel. The decor of the room was "retro" but very clean and comfortable. For whatever reason the motel wasn't very busy, I think there were 5 rooms occupied that evening. We were touring New Brunswick and my wife and i prefer staying in locally owned and operated accommodation whenever possible.

CJ and Pam (the owners) were pleasant and friendly. Pam offered to prepare us an organic, authentic Indian meal for my birthday dinner, we accepted and were not disappointed.

In my opinion, owner/operators of small businesses deserve to be supported. I owned a small business for 45 years with my wife and we understand the difficulties facing small business in today's markets. So, unless you want to be rubber stamped to within an inch of your life, find and support local small businesses like the Styles Motel. The presentation won't be as slick but the personal service and gratitude can't be beat. The facility wants upgrading, but without patronage it will never occur.

Try the Styles Motel, it's not shiny new but the room we had was clean and comfortable. The fact that there was no coffee maker in the room saved me from having a terrible cup of coffee while my wife was in the shower, what's wrong with that?

CJ and Pam, thank you for making our stay enjoyable, and thank you for a memorable birthday dinner. If ever we are back in Woodstock we will see you again.

Room tip: stay here, save a bundle.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank james a
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

It is a cheap little motel compared to most around.the gentleman that owned it stayed open a few mins late to wait for me and let me in. He had amazing customer service and kind and caring!I am sorry that other people have had bad experiences as I had nothing but the best ! He may have an accent but very good English and easy to understand !! Worth getting off the hwy to take a rest here.no hwy noise either.will be stopping back if in the area !

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank keb432
Reviewed 24 June 2018

We booked over the phone, needing two rooms for seven people as we were travelling with a large family and small budget. Mr. Padda was very accomodating and assured us the rooms would be ready. We arrived at ten in the evening, and he was there to greet us. He escorted us to our rooms, pulling out the made up pull out couch, pointing out extra pillows, blankets, and the thermostat. The rooms were clean and fresh. Suzy checked to see if we needed fresh linens for the second day. Very kind couple and pleasant hosts. The pictures are true to life, and the town is just beautiful!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Casey D
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Great price and friendly service. I stayed at the Stiles for 3 weeks as I was in Woodstock for work. The stay was comfortable , quiet and relaxing. The owner was very kind and caring. Yes the hotel is older and very retro but that's what gave it character. I would stay again.

Date of stay: March 2018