All reviews an outdoor hot tub large mall modern rooms great hotel walking distance coffee maker mini fridge excellent stay downtown ottawa would stay again hotel is located free breakfast free parking spa pillows tubs bistro
Reviewed 3 September 2018

The room was nice, but it was definitely very ODD having the sink outside the toilet. Every time the air conditioner went off, it was incredibly loud and woke us up, so unfortunately we were unable to get a restful sleep.
However, perhaps the biggest disappointment was the breakfast the next day. When it arrived, we were both quite shocked. Not only did it look unappetizing, but it tasted the same and it was cold. The waiter did not ask us if we enjoyed our food, and it was with considerable surprise and disappointment, that he removed two completely full plates without a comment to us. That was incredibly poor service. Clearly we were not happy with our breakfast and he deliberately chose not ask or make it right. I would not return to this hotel..

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Kingston_kid
Dany S, Propriétaire at Hotel V, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

I am truly sorry that your stay was not as you expected.

Normally the restaurant is appreciated by our clients. But every comments are importants to us and if you do not like the food it's important to tell your waiter. Maybe he or she should have noticed, but there is no better way than tell us directly.

Once again, sorry for your disappointment.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

My fiancé and another couple stayed at Hotel V this past weekend. We had booked a hotel/spa package. We were lead to believe by online advertising that the hotel had a pretty fancy spa on site. When we got there we learned that the spa was actually a 25 min cab ride away. Not knowing the area we had no idea about that prior to arrival. The spa was actually in Chelsea and not in Gatineau. We could've stayed closer to the spa and saved ourselves an $80 round trip cab ride. Because we rode on motorcycles we didn't want to take our bikes to the spa and bike back to the hotel. The Nordik spa in Chelsea is great, Hotel V isn't at all what we had hoped for. If you book a spa package through them know that you'll be traveling to get to the spa.

Room tip: Try and get a room near the back of the hotel.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank juliebrar

I am truly sorry that your stay was not as you expected.

Concerning the online advertising, the only moment you can see Nordik Spa photos is when you click on Nordik packages.
Same for the other packages whom includes third parties.

In fact, we do have an outdoor spa and an indoor sauna on site which is included with your stay.

I can assure you that every time we book a package with the Nordik Spa, we mention to the client that they are located 15 minutes away from our hotel.

Also, it is written on our website : ’’Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, only 10 minutes from downtown Ottawa, Nordik Spa-Nature is the largest spa in North America.’’

Once again, sorry for your disappointment.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

We arrived at 1 am and the guy at the front desk was so energetic and friendly. The room itself was clean and comfortable.I liked everything about it except for the fact that the sink was outside the bathroom. Basically as one entered the room, the bathroom was on the right and the sink was on the left. The sink looked modern, the bathroom was very small. We were there for just a night but I am sure for a longer stay the sink situation would have annoyed me. Maybe it is not a big deal for a lot of people but I didn't like it. The checkout process was smooth and another friendly staff helped us with that.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Dany S, Propriétaire at Hotel V, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Thank you for your comment, we are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. We will share your comment with our staff!

We hope to see you at Hotel V during your next trip to Gatineau!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

This is a sleek and modern hotel. Our room featured a microwave and fridge nicely hidden behind a full length mirror. There were pops of colour everywhere. The bed was comfortable and the shower bracing. The restaurant is good and the hot tub unique and different. Other reviewers have mentioned the envelope for tips for housekeeping staff but we found this was standard practice throughout our Quebec visit. Every hotel we stayed in had a similar envelope system. We didn't like the late check in but this hotel is a good choice. It was definitely less expensive than hotels across the river in Ottawa. Parking and wifi were free.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dany S, Propriétaire at Hotel V, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Thank you ! for your comment, we are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. Every comment help us improve the quality of our service! We hope to see you at Hotel V during your next trip to Gatineau!

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed at hotel V over the Canada Day long weekend. I was looking for a hotel close enough to downtown Ottawa at a good price. While Hotel V was in Gatineau, it was only about 10 minutes away and an easy commute in.

The hotel has a restaurant on site but we didn’t eat there so I can’t comment on it. There is also a spa with an outdoor hot tub. On Expedia’s site, it said there was a pool but that isn’t correct – no pool.

The hotel is good value but I would have liked it they had a pool and free breakfast. Nevertheless, it was still a good choice for us and we’ll consider it again in the future. Below, I’ve given some specifics.

WHAT WE LIKED
We found the check-in process smooth and our room was clean. We had a mini fridge that was a little larger than the standard mini fridges in most hotel room. The two queen beds were both comfortable; I’ve been to hotels where I wake up with a back ache but this wasn’t the case. I like the location and it was walking distance to the bus and close enough to drive to restaurants and stores.

WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER
There was really only one thing that could have been better. There were four of us and at first we only got two sets of towels in the bathroom. We called down and the quickly gave us two more. The next day, we only had three sets of towels. All in all, this is a minor thing.

WHAT WAS ODD
The lay out of the room of the room was a bit odd and worth mentioning. The bathroom sink was not in the bathroom but just outside and in front of the front door. The rooms were narrow so I guess they were trying to use the space as efficiently as possible. Also, I’ve never before seen an envelop to leave a tip for housekeeping. Odd, but an interesting idea.

Date of stay: July 2018