All reviews qualicum bay small room little gem comfortable room an amazing view stay there again highway bbq ocean tides fridge waterfront patio hosts
Reviewed 14 September 2018

The room was small but very clean and very comfortable. It was raining so i didn’t get to spend any time on the property which was on the water but i would stay there again the staff was very friendly and helpful

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2018

I stayed for one night last weekend. The woman who greeted me and checked me in was so helpful, friendly and inviting. She also gave me a complimentary room upgrade as a first time customer. The room was the cleanest hotel room I have ever stayed in. The linens were like new and carefully chosen to accent the room. The view was magnificent. This room was perfect for a solo traveler or a pair. I was pleasantly surprised by the comfort and good night sleep I got while staying here. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Beautiful beachfront view and staff went out of their way to make sure we had a nice stay! Quiet and clean and gorgeous room. Everything had an added personal touch and made us feel welcome. Highly recommend !

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I happened into this Motel after a long, dark, drive in snow covered roads and snow covered signs and never wanted to leave. Right on the beach, with an large open area that invited me to "hang outside" and make snow angels. What a perfect spot for families, or Weddings or Family Reunions. When my time on Vancouver Island was extended I went back to this great hideaway and was treated so well by the managers Carolina and Matt, that I stayed with them as long as I could. Picture sitting around a crackling bonfire, listening to the waves crashing on the beach and being serenaded by the sea lions as you watch the moon come up. Life doesn't get any better.
I can't say enough good things about this clean, renovated Boutique Motel!!! Such personalized service and attention to detail, and willingness to go above and beyond - isn't found in the big chains.
I know it will be the perfect Wedding gift for a young couple this summer - a very relaxing and romantic get away. This family also has a RV/Campsite just a few km away making it such a great base for family get togethers.

I will be back!!!

Stayed: February 2018
Carolina M, Manager at Lighthouse Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you very much for the kind words. You were a pleasure to have as our guests. We are looking forward to hosting your friends over the summer months. We are wishing you safe travels wherever the road may take you. Hopefully, our paths cross again in the near future. We very much look forward to seeing you again. Thank you again for the laughs and memories. LHM

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

A very short-but-sweet stay at this quaint little motel in Qualicum Bay (15 min drive North of Qualicum Beach). We stayed in Garden Suite #7. Our room, although quite small, was perfect! -- very clean, bright, & tastefully appointed. Plus it had a gorgeous view of the ocean. We watched the sea-lions and eagles right from our window! The bed was extremely comfortable with beautiful, soft sheets. We both slept so well!!! The natural & organic toiletry products in the bathroom were a nice added touch! As well as a great selection of DVDs at the front desk. Matt & Catalina, the managers, are incredibly warm & friendly. Great hospitality from this lovely couple. We felt very welcomed & wished we could have stayed longer. Look forward to a return visit. Great value!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Carolina M, Manager at Lighthouse Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your short stay with us. We are looking forward to hosting you again for an extended visit. Spring is here and we plan on giving the property a clean new look for the 2018 season. We look forward to hearing from you again. We hope to see you soon. Thank you for the positive feedback. It is motivating to hear that we are on the right track. Yours Truly, LHM