“My stay at The Kingswood”
Review of The Kingswood B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Andrews
The Kingswood B&B
Ranked #8 of 13 Saint Andrews B&B and Inns
Eliot, Maine
“My stay at The Kingswood”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I recently stayed at The Kingswood B & B on a trip back from Nova Scotia. I was greeted by the lovely couple who own it...Gary and Cheryl. They were friendly and very welcoming. They offered me a cup of tea right off, which would have been lovely because the weather was cold and rainy. I declined because I had been travelling all day and just wanted to find a place to have dinner and get back to rest. They directed me to the waterfront area of St. Andrews and offered suggestions for dinner. I really wish that I had more time to explore the town and to spend more time with Gary and Cheryl. I fell in love with the area in just the short time that I was there. The room that I stayed in was wonderful. The bed was very comfortable and the room was spotless. I can't wait to go back for a visit...which will be longer than just an overnight. I did not stay for breakfast because I was in a hurry to get home, but Cheryl packed a muffin for me and offered me a cup of coffee to go. I wish I had stayed...it smelled delicious! They have made a new friend in me.
R. Merrill

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Excellent B&B in every respect. Quality rooms and hospitality. A great place to stay if you're looking for accommodation on the St Andrews area

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Phoenix
Reviewed 22 October 2011

My husband and I did't really know what to expect in St. Andrews or at the Kingswood B&B. After a long day of driving we were so happy to arrive at a lovely and welcoming B&B. Our room was luxurious but comfortable as well. Cheryl and Gary provided an atmosphere of warmth and welcome, great advice regarding the area, but also enough privacy. Breakfast was sumptuous. It's not often that a property exceeds ones expectations. We hope we have an opportunity to visit again in the future.
Debbie and Ken

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We turned into the driveway of the Kingswood and were greeted with the site of a deer eating grass in the side-yard meadow. What a great start and the rest of the stay was just as lovely. The house is a heritage property built in the late 1800s (?I think) but it was well maintained and the inside open, airy and tastefully decorated. We were greeted by the hosts, Cheryl and Gary who were gracious and friendly. We stayed in the Richmond room with 2 twin beds that was spacious and clean with a huge bathroom. We were able to walk to the main street of St Andrew's for dinner which was pleasant and the next morning there was a full hot breakfast as well as cereal and freshly baked muffins to enjoy. If I had known it was going to be so nice I would have booked another night. I would not hesitate to recommend this place. What a treat!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 20 October 2011

My wife and I were booked on the ferry from Digby to Saint John. Instead of staying in a hotel in the city we decided to find somewhere peaceful in St.Andrews which was on our planned route to Maine and New Hampshire.We found Kingswood on the internet and it looked ideal.
It turned out to be better than the pictures on the website. A lovely distinguished old house and very quiet. We had a large and well furnished room - and slept well. The breakfast was innovative and delicious. We very much enjoyed chatting with Gary and Cheryl. A most helpful and courteous couple.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family