All reviews better deal convenient location rooms are clean coffee maker room was large fridge and microwave
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Happy with the stay. Do about 50-60 hotel stays a year for cycling racing and have come to learn what to expect with what chains.
Was disappointed with the breakfast as it was running low. I also suspect the previous person smoked in the bathroom. Kept the door closed and fan on to help.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2018

The service was excellent. The room was very clean, and this hotel is very close to lots of restaurants. The staff greets you all the time and are very friendly. i have stayed at this Econo Lodge several times and will continue to do so when in Orillia.

Room tip: Rooms on ground floor are close to parking areas.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

I've worked at an Econo Lodge before, so after travelling 14 hours with two kids, I thought this would be a half descent place to stay and we could get some breakfast (continental) before heading back on the road, and what a steal at 70$ a night! Boy was I wrong... The entire hotel smelled of marijuana/smoke... Not just one area where people might have been smoking, but EVERYWHERE. The lobby, the hallways, even our room... We had no towels, honest mistake. Had some brought up to our room. No big deal. Until I went to run a bath for my daughter and saw the bottom of the tub was covered in black dirt, and not the kind that would've been tough for the housekeeper to clean. It was very easily washed off as all I had to do was run my hand over it with some hot water and it washed away. Hair on the bathroom floor. Hair on our sheets. Garbage behind the night stand. Mold on the ice bucket lid..
I use to be a housekeeper for quite a few years and I know what to look for... This room was DISGUSTING... Luckily we had our own pillows and blankets. The continental breakfast was such a dissapointment. We went to McDonald's down the street instead. The one positive thing I can say about this place is the front desk staff were very friendly.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

After a very disappointing stay at the holiday inn in Toronto (200$ per night) I was absolutely thrilled with the econo. Fridge and microwave , great size room with a massive bed , parking right outside our room and for only 79$ a night , can’t go wrong . The staff were very friendly . Felt like I was at home

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2018

Oufff... I've stayed in Ecolodges before... but this one I can't beleive it....

The room door did not shut properly and once shut ... we could see in the top corner directly outside... a gap of about 1 inch. The beds where so used that their where no more springs and support you sank in the bottom of the matress. as for the washroom... it was very old and used but clean !

I do NOT recommend this hotel at all... sleep in your car ... This is a disgrace to the Econolodge Banner!!! BEWARE!

Room tip: I do not recommend it at all!
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Econo L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Guest,